five

Alexandra

Riding on a jet with the Rouge Avengers was thrilling, but also terrifying. Alexandra couldn't help but feel like she didn't entirely belong there. Maybe she should have stayed back in New York...

Her thoughts came to an abrupt halt when the phone inside her suit began to ring. It was her father, Colin. Alexandra winced as she answered the call, his voice frantic, questioning her about her whereabouts. Apparently, he had seen the donut on television, as had her Papa, and now both parents were freaking out.

Her dad knew she had been near the ship when everything went down, as some cameras had spotted Spider-Woman and Spider-Man in the midst of all of the chaos. But now, he didn't know where she was, as Alexandra hadn't exactly taken the time to phone home and let them both know she was safe.

"What the hell do you mean you're on a jet headed to Wakanda?" Her father's voice was low, and eerily calm. It was the voice he used when he was really upset with her. Alexandra never heard that voice unless she had really screwed up.

She let out a sigh, standing near the back of the jet, away from the others. "I'm helping the other Avengers," She explained. "There's this alien guy, his name is Thanos, and if he gets the stone inside of Vision's head, then he could destroy half of the universe."

"And what does Wakanda have to do with any of that?!"

"They can help remove the stone in Wakanda so we can destroy it before Thanos can get his hands on it!" Alexandra replied.

Her father muttered something under his breath, likely a swear, before she heard his fist slam against what she could only assume was their kitchen table. She winced slightly, but tried not to let this action get to her. "Well where am I supposed to tell your father you went? Jersey?"

Alexandra bit her lip. She hadn't thought about that, honestly. "Uh... you could always tell him the truth?" She suggested half heartedly. She didn't actually want her Papa to know that she spent most of her downtime swinging across the city fighting crime, but at this point she wasn't really sure if secret identities mattered anymore.

Her father sighed. "At least tell me Peter and Tony are with you."

Her breath got caught in her throat. She began taking several deep breaths, willing herself not to cry. Not in front of the Avengers, no way. "Dad... they—they were on that space ring when it left... they're—Peter is gone... I don't know if—"

"Shh, shh, it's okay," Her father said, his tone changing from mad to comforting. Alexandra appreciated that. "Okay, Alex? Listen to me. You have to be careful. You have to swear to me you'll stay out of danger. Or that you'll at least back off if things get too rough. Do you swear?"

She hesitated a moment but then sighed. "I swear."

"Good."

The line was silent for a few moments.

"I'll come up with something to tell your father, don't worry about that, you just focus on what you need to do."

"Thanks, Dad." Alexandra smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too, sweetie. Stay safe. Please."

"I will."

With that, Alexandra hung up. She ran a hand through her hair and let out a sigh, glancing up. She noticed Natasha Romanoff staring at her and immediately turned her head out of embarrassment. Her heart began to race as the Black Widow herself began to walk over to her. The former redhead stared at the younger girl for a moment. "Parents?" She asked.