eleven

Alexandra

"What did you do?" Thor demanded. "What did you do?!"

Thanos only stared at him before disappearing in another haze of blue and gray dust. Thor's axe fell to the ground, the tip stained with blue blood, but the madman that it belonged to long gone.

Alexandra struggled to her feet, as did the rest of the group. She looked around, wondering what would happen next, but it didn't take long for her question to be answered.

"Where'd he go?" Captain Rogers asked. "Thor? Where did he go?"

"Steve?" Alexandra glanced over at Captain Rogers' friend, Bucky. The one that had greeted them when they first arrived. She watched as his body began to turn to dust and soon, the only thing left of him was his gun.

Captain Rogers stumbled over and fell to his knees, grabbing at Bucky's dust.

What the hell was happening?

It soon began to happen to everyone. T'Challa disappeared as he was trying to help Okoye to her feet. Alexandra didn't know what to do. It was all so horrible.

Wanda went next, kneeling next to Vision's broken body. She looked up to the sky one last time before her body disappeared into the wind.

Natasha got to her feet and looked around. "What's happening?" She demanded.

Captain Rogers shook his head. "I don't— I don't know."

Alexandra stepped forward. "He said he was going to wipe out half of all life," She whispered. "This is what he meant..."

Suddenly, all other noise became ringing in her ears. Alexandra gasped as she looked down at herself. She was in pain, but she didn't understand why. What was happening to her? "Someone—please—I can't—" She stumbled forward, finding herself landing in Natasha's arms.

"What's going on? What's wrong? Alexandra?" Natasha asked, her eyes wide.

"I don't know." Alexandra shook her head. She suddenly fell to her knees, grunting in pain. Her insides felt like they were trying to stitch themselves back together. That was when she realized that she was also going to turn to dust. Why was it so painful for her? Was it the enhanced healing factor that came with her arachnid abilities? "Oh, God." She murmured and then suddenly ripped her mask off, gasping for air.

"Hey, look at me," Natasha said, so Alexandra did. "You're gonna be fine, all right? We'll figure this out."

Alexandra struggled with her next words. "P-Peter," she gasped. "M-my dads—" Her eyes welled with tears. They would never know what happened to her. They would never see her again. She would never seen them again. Or Peter. After she and Peter had promised to come back to each other safe and sound. She had broken her promise.

Natasha smiled, but Alexandra could tell that it was just an attempt to keep her calm, to make her think things weren't really as bad as they were. "Don't worry, we'll find your dads and Peter, okay?" She told her. "Everything will be okay."

"Man, I really don't wanna die." Alexandra mustered up a laugh, but it was painful. Tears rolled down the sides of her cheeks.

"You're not gonna die," Natasha said. Even though Alexandra knew that wasn't true, she allowed some part of her to believe that. The childish part, the scared part. She wanted to believe it was true, so she nodded at Natasha. "Yeah, you're gonna be fine. Trust me—"

Everything went back.

I'm sorry, Dad. I'm sorry, Papa.

I'm sorry, Peter.

end of act i - the war