‣ 𝟬𝟱

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘.
𝗔𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆, 𝗡𝗼 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝘂𝗺𝗮𝗻.

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗬.

︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

THE FARTHER THEY DROVE, the larger the winds grew. It was as if their escape from the wind wall at the train station was for nought, Lucy's uneasiness growing noticeable the more the magic-mobile shook. However, as more time began to pass, Vanessa realized that her agitation was not due to the fact that Erigor was battling Natsu, but it was due to the fact that he held Lullaby in his grasp. Erigor's abilities as a wizard may be extremely vigorous, but from what the brunette had heard of him, he had no chance of beating Natsu even with his magic being the element of wind.

Although she knew Natsu could undoubtedly overpower Erigor which would ultimately lead to the dark wizard's unconsciousness, time was of the essence. They had wasted a considerable amount of time in the station dwelling on a sense of trepidation due to their predicament of being trapped. Due to that, Erigor had a considerably large head start compared to Natsu, who's only form of travel was a flying, talking cat. Vanessa had no conceptualization on how fast or far Happy could fly.

The pure panic that threatened to swell inside of her body was simply due to the object Erigor's plan was entirely surrounded on. The Lullaby was not to be messed with, that was quite clear to her companions after they found out what the object would be used for in the end. It was a dark magic only Vanessa had a large amount of knowledge on and it ultimately had to do with her concealed past; she knew exactly what the Lullaby was capable of.

At some point, the significant amount of wind activity began to slow until it came to a halt completely which allowed Vanessa to determine Natsu was able to reach Erigor in time. The deceleration of the vehicle gave her the signal that they had reached their destination - the battle between the two that had been roaming in her mind for the past thirty minutes. As the vehicle came to a stop completely, Lucy swung one of the doors open immediately, exiting it in a rush which was followed by a calm Gray also exiting his seat.

Vanessa made an action to follow but took a moment to halt as she stared at Kage from the side of her eye. "Do not dare anything while we are outside. I promise you, nothing good will come out of it for you." Her words were demanding and intimidating, her tone harsh just as her gaze was. She then proceeded to follow her two companions outside, walking towards where the others belonging to her temporary team stood conversing with the pink haired Pyro.