Chapter 10

Taking a deep breath and suppressing mild annoyance that she had decided to look for him rather than wait like he had told her he spoke, "Alright, I don't have much time right now so we'll have to make this quick."

Taking that as the 'go ahead' for her to ask questions she went ahead and did so. "Why are you doing this? Why are you declaring war on the devils?" In the time they'd spent together she never got any feeling of evil intent coming from him.

"Tell me Sona" there it was, the lack of affectionate suffix to her name that she had become accustomed to, though she noticed he only did that when he was being completely serious. "How would you feel, if your entire family was eradicated for something they 'could have' done? It would be different if we were planning some sort of coup d'état but we weren't. We were completely loyal to the underworld, yet we were still killed.

And for what? To keep a bunch of ancient relics happy because they 'thought' we were becoming too powerful? Answer this, do you like the way your society works?" He questioned

"What do you mean?" She asked wondering where he was going with this.

"Every rule the devils in the underworld follow are made by old people who believe that your blood makes you better than others regardless of anything else. Weren't they pushing the wedding between the Gremory and Riser because they wanted more 'pureblooded' devils? Because it was 'tradition'?" he asked but didn't let her respond and kept going.

"Then one of the most respected devils in the underworld went out of his way to screw over the Phenex clan after everything. Trust me when I say this, you may not feel the negative effects of the Satan's because you're from the family of one of the four, but some of the other clans aren't too pleased. You can tell that many are unhappy that their clans don't get as much of a say as the ones from the Satan's."

After he was done talking there was a pause between them. Naruto kept his gaze on her as he saw her facial expression change from angry to conflicted. And he was right, she was currently mulling over his words about the traditions of the underworld.

They had laughed at her and mocked her idea of a rating game school for everyone as they believed that only high class devils could attend them. He was also correct that Rias was being forced into a marriage simply for 'blood status' not only her but she was lucky enough to have broken her own engagement.

And if Naruto was right about the other clans being unhappy, there could be a civil war between them if Naruto canceled his own plans. The elders really were screwing everything up. But still...

"I see your point, however, you're still planning to kill thousands of innocent people. You'd be doing the same thing that they did to you." She points out trying to have him see the hypocrisy in his views.

"Not necessarily, though I don't have enough time to go into that but it is something I wanted to talk to you about as well. I have a proposition for you, I know that by now most if not every devil knows what's going to happen.

I know that not everyone in your clan wants to fight, I'm offering you and anyone who you wish to bring a chance to stay out of this war. I can move you to a safe location where they will be far from the fighting as well as having your own compound." He said clearly talking about the multiple buildings in Silbern.

"You don't have to answer now as you still have a month. If you can convince the Satan's to hand over the elders everything will be avoided, if not then you're more than welcome in my home. I don't want anything to happen to you. Think about it, I'll talk to you some other time. I have a meeting to attend."

With that he disappeared from his spot. Sona stood in the same spot however for a minute going over everything he had told her. On one hand she could see that the Elder devils who had a traditionalist view were doing more harm than good.