Chapter I

Today has been one of the most boring school days of my life! I'm so happy that today's classes are over so I can finally go home and get some well needed rest.

"Hey Nessa wait for me !" I look over to see my best friend Amaya running towards me.

"Hey Amaya. what's up ?" I asked turning to be facing her.

"Are you going on the school trip?" She asked hunched over nearly out of breath. School trip?

" We have a school trip?" I asked completely confused.

"You don't know about the school trip?!" She asked surprised as I shook my head no. Amaya quickly grabs my hand and drags me near the welcome center as she hands me a slip of paper that read ' Erinsburough University's annual school trip to Ladadee, Haiti. '

" Do you realize where were going on this trip?" I asked her raising an eyebrow.

" Yeah! We're going to Haiti." she says as l mentally face palm at her response.

"Do you know that people in Haiti 
have some odd tradition of voodoo right?" I ask her as she thinks up a response to my question.

" Well I know now, but you if anything weird and was to go wrong was to happen such as me getting cursed to look like a frog you could totally find out who cursed me and make them undo it with your great detective skills !" She said giving me a smile as I let out a sigh.

" Fine i'll go." I say while rolling my eyes.

" Really, you'll go?" she said completely surprised with wide eyes.

" Yes, so give me the form so I can sign up for it before I change my mind." I say as she quickly hands me the form as I begin to fill out everything on it soon submitting it.

" There all done, now let's go shopping because i'm in need of a wardrobe upgrade." I say as  Amaya's eyes began to light up with excitement.

" Yay let's go shopping!! " she yells while grabbing my arm as she was basically dragging me to the parking lot quickly getting into my car putting our seat belts on.

" You ready?" I ask starting up the car.

"Heck yeah I'm ready!" She says putting on her sunglasses as we start to make our way to the mall.
After a few minutes of singing and driving we arrive at the mall struggling to find a place to park we finally find a stop to park at. We quickly get out of the car locking it afterwards.

" Let's go." I say as we both make our way into the mall.

" Okay so the first store we should go to is gonna be......... forever 21." She suggests as I nodded in agreement.

" Lead the way Miss Fashionista." I say with a playful eye roll.

" Gladly." She responds and immediately starts to walk where the forever 21 is located as I walk besides her glancing at the other shopping departments until we reach forever 21.

" Okay so let's find you some outfits fit for Haiti weather which would summer like weather." She says as we both begin to look for some outfits. After a while we both found a few types of summer like clothing. The first outfit is very basic yet cute, the first outfit consisted of a black and white striped t-shirt along with a pair of denim shorts and a pair of converses to finish off the look. The second outfit consisted of a black off the shoulder shirt and red plaid skirt along with a pair of sandals. The third outfit consisted of a plain pastel pink crop and white overalls. After finding many nice outfits we decided to leave and head home due to the fact that it was getting late.

" Hey we really need to go shopping more often together." she said jumping down onto to the couch as I go to my room and start sorting out my clothes.

" Hey Amaya when is the trip again ?" I semi yell still sorting my clothes.

" The trip is on the third of this month." I hear her yell as I look at my phone looking at the date realizing how soon the trip is.

"Maya the trip is tomorrow !!" I say yelling at her.

" Wait, really ?"  she asks glancing down at her phone.

" Oh my gosh it is tomorrow!! I gotta start packing fast !" she says while running into her room nearly slipping as I give a simple eye roll. Well I guess I can say that's Maya for you. I sigh while neatly folding my clothes and putting the in my suitcase along with my shoes and a few other things that I would probably need during this trip.

" If i'm going on this trip that means i'll need some spending money for when we'll get there. " I mumble to myself as slide some money into my suitcase as I put my suitcase in the corner of my room.

" Nessa can you come here for a second ? " I heard Maya say as I make my way to her room.

" Do you need something ?" I ask as she motions me to come over.

" I need your help choosing my last outfit for the trip. " she said as I sat down next to her.

" Okay so you're last outfit should be your pink and white striped halter top and a light pair of blue jeans but if you don't want to wear jeans you can simply just wear any type of shorts with it and to finish off the look you could wear your cross strap wedges. " I suggest to her as she stares at me in complete shock.

" That's perfect, thank you so much Nessa! " she squealed and hugs me.

" You're welcome Maya but i'm going to start getting ready for bed now." I say standing up from her bed. " Okay, goodnight Nessa. " she says waving me goodbye " Goodnight Maya. " I say while leaving her room heading to mines.

I immediately walk over to my closet and gather a fresh set of pajamas to sleep in for tonight. I grab a clean towel and make my way to  the bathroom to take a shower before I head to sleep.

After taking a relaxing shower I get in bed grabbing my laptop deciding to do a little bit of research on Haiti so I can know what goes on down in Haiti mainly to learn about the stuff people do in Haiti, like voodoo and stuff like that. People there perform animal sacrifices to feed spirits but I just hope that they don't sacrifice people for some kind satanic spiritual ritual.

After getting a little more knowledge on Haiti decide to call it a night since tomorrow is the trip there so I have to rest up for it. I grab my phone and set an alarm for nine thirty five for tomorrow morning so I won't over sleep and miss the trip. After setting the alarm I make sure that I put my phone on the charger and putting it on my night stand before heading into a deep sleep.

Tomorrow is the day we head out to Haiti.