Chapter VIII

Groaning I begin struggling to open my eyes because of the sunlight from the window kept shining into my eyes. Finally, sitting up I rub my eyes letting out a short yawn while covering my eyes away as I jump off of the bed carefully trying not to wake up the people who were still sleeping. Opening my suitcase I carefully pick out a simple yet stylish outfit for the day. After finding a decent outfit to wear today I grab a clean towel and washcloth making my way over to the bathroom but someone was already in there, so I just decided to wait until they were finished in there.

After waiting for at least five minutes the bathroom door finally opens to reveal the third most annoying person here. Serenity Palmer the drama queen and the most talkative person here so far. Serenity just shrugs me off as if I'm not even here as she walks back to her bed. Rolling my eyes I step into the bathroom closing the door behind me.

Finishing up I step out of the shower wrapping a towel around myself I begin to dry off my hair while trying to pick a good hairstyle for the day. At this point I might as well go bald. I begin to give up on picking out a hairstyle, so I just decided to put it in a messy bun because I have no good ideas right now. Removing the towel form around me I start to put on my underwear and clothes which is a crop top with a cute little cloud design on it along with a pair of light washed jeans. Walking out of the bathroom I look around to see Ashlee grinning evilly while licking her finger and putting it in Keith's ear while he's asleep. She seriously gave this man a wet willy.

Keith smacks Ashlee's hand away causing her to yelp pulling her hand back. "Dude what the heck was that for?!" he yelled walking up everyone in the cabin causing my eye to slightly twitch in annoyance. I never wanted to hit some this bad in my life, wait scratch that I never wanted to kill someone this bad in my life.

"This is payback for snoring so loud!" Ashlee says as Keith gets up from the bottom bunk of the bed as he smirks standing right in front of her.

"Since you gave me a wet willy I guess it's time for a little payback now." Keith says licking his hand wiping it on Ashlee's cheek as she squeals and steps on his foot causing a full blown fight to happen begin the two as they give me one of the worst headaches in my life.

"Don't touch me you noob!" Ashlee yells as Keith sticks out his tongue at her making her even more pissed than before. Kill me now.

I walk over to the two as they stop fighting and looks at me. Shaking my head in disapproval I ball my hand into a fist punching both Ashlee and Keith in the arm very hard making them wince in pain "Next time if you two wake up everyone up like this or giving me a headache again I swear I'll drop kick you both far away from here, understood?" I say as they both quickly nod in agreement. "Good." I say rubbing my temples as the door opens to reveal Jacqueline with an unreadable expression on her face while keeping her distance from us.

"Good morning everyone I hope you all slept well because you all will spend some time one the beach today. Sadly I cannot accompany you all because I'm a tad bit sick, so after you all eat breakfast you can make your way to the beach and have some fun in the sun but a little advice to you all is to wear sunscreen to avoid getting sunburn." Jacqueline says leaving. I guess heading out on the beach would be fun. Feeling a hand on my shoulder I look over to see a very sleepy Amaya along with Elijah and Noah standing next to her.

"Good morning Nessa" Amaya says rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning guys, did these two idiots wake you all up too?" I ask pointing at Ashlee and Keith as they all nod tiredly.

"Sorry." Ashlee says in annoyance just as all of our phones started to buzz while mines was in my pocket. Grabbing my phone out of my pocket I look to see that we all got Amber alerts. Reading about who is missing my eyes began to widen in fear as I realize that the missing person's name was. Luna Brooks.

" She was on this trip too and now she's missing?! I don't want to go missing next I want to go home now!" Serenity yells clearly scared that she'll go missing next but who knows what'll happen next.

"Serenity calm down we can't leave until this trip is over, so we'll all have to be on the lookout for anyone who looks suspicious and stay in groups during the day but mainly during the night since that's a common time in day when people mostly get kidnapped or killed but remember no one is safe here no matter what and since one of our school buddies is now missing there will most likely be a curfew set for us all now." I say putting my phone back in my pocket.

"She's right but there's a high chance that police won't look into this because people go missing every day and remember we're all in Haiti so anything weird can happen at the times you would least expect for it to happen so be ready for anything until this trip is over" Elijah chimes in as everyone nods in response. "If any of you guys have anyone's number from the other groups please text them and let them all know to be on the lookout and to stay in groups during the entire day." he says as some people begin to text the others.

"Alright so the nine of us should get washed up and changed now while the other seven who are already washed up and changed should make their way down to get breakfast." Amaya says as the seven of us make our way out the door. Walking to where we all will have as I notice that Ashlee is walking up to me, so I slowed down my pace as she finally caught up to me.

"Hey can I ask you something?" she asks as I nod in response. "How are you so calm in a situation like this?" she asks sounding as if she suspects me.

"A future detective has to keep calm and not to make any slip ups and lose composure in this type of situation." I say looking over at her.

"Wait you're training to be a detective, you know you'll have to put your life on the line while investigating on curtain kinds of crimes right?" she states as I let out a small sigh.

"I know and i'm willing to take that risk at all cost and plus all of our lives a basically on the line which means this could possible be the first case I'll be involved in since crime in Haiti isn't rare." I say as Ashlee flashes a smile at mt causing me to smile a little.

"Well then Detective Moore I wish you the best of luck solving this case if something worse happens while we're here."she says playfully punching my shoulder as we all make it to the place where we will eat breakfast at.

After everyone ate we all went to the beach but I took notice that someone wasn't in sight for almost the entire day.. Jacqueline was the only one missing.