Chapter V

Throughout the rest of the day I begin to notice a change in Amaya's behavior when she is sleeping and during the night, like last night around three a.m she started mumbling something in her sleep but I couldn't make out a single thing that she was saying and she woke up at three forty five a.m making her way away from the bed she stood in front of the balcony door also mumbling some more words that I couldn't  understand. Due to Amaya standing in front of the balcony door mumbling both Elijah and Noah woke up asking me what's wrong with Amaya and what was she saying as I simply had to tell them both that I didn't know but it might be because of that weird  necklace that she got . The boys carried her back into bed with me as take the necklace off of her neck  putting it on the nightstand holding her as close to me as possible. I but I was really worried about her. The strange thing about this situation is that she doesn't remember a single thing about what happened last night. Since Amaya is taking a shower I began making my way over to the boys bed not before grabbing the necklace.

"Guys something is wrong with Maya and I think it might be because of this necklace." I say holding up the necklace.

"How do you know it's the necklace and not something else?" Noah asks raising an eyebrow.

"This all didn't start until Maya brought this stupid necklace and plus this is the only thing she got when we all went to that weird shop yesterday." I say as Elijah takes the necklace out of my hand.

"Come to think of it what kind of stone or gem is that?" Elijah says examining the necklace as I just shrug making Elijah sigh as he takes his laptop out of his bag turning it on.

"We have to figure out what kind of gem this is, so we can find out for sure what's actually going on with Amaya." Elijah says as Noah looks at him in confusion.

"And how will even start to find the gem when all we know about it is it's color?" Noah asks.

"I mean we can always start by looking up cursed gems." I state as Elijah nods in response as he begins to type on his laptop making both me and Noah to look over and see what he was typing. 'Different types of cursed gems' is what he searched.

After looking at many types of gems I begin to sigh in complete defeat almost giving up until my eyes began to widen because after what felt like an eternity we all finally mange to find the gem we're looking for. It says here that the gem is called a black Orlov and it is indeed labeled as a cursed gem. Reading further into why it's a cursed gem it says that the previous owners of this gem both allegedly jumped to their deaths but as an attempt to break the curse some divided the gem into three different pieces and from then on the gem was to never be found again.. Until now..

"We need to get rid of this gem immediately before Maya ends up like the previous owners." I say almost yelling out of pure fear and sadness.

"You're right about that but how will Amaya feel when she founds out that her necklace is gone?" Noah asks.

"I'll just buy her a different necklace that doesn't have any kind of cursed gem in it." I say with a sigh.

"We may have to get rid of it later because I think Amaya is finished taking her shower." Elijah tells us as I notice that the water from the shower was turned off making me run over to my purse hiding the necklace inside of it. After Maya gets out of the bathroom I give her a small smile as I make my way to the bathroom to take a shower and to change into new clothes today.

After getting out of the shower I put on my black and white striped -shirt and denim shorts with my pair of converses. Brushing my hair I begin to tie my hair up with one of my white scrunchies. Finishing up I decided to put on a little bit of lip gloss instead of putting on plain regular chap stick. Walking out of the bathroom I look over to see Maya on our bed on her phone texting. I guess that she doesn't realize that her necklace is missing, or she straight up doesn't care that it's gone.

"Oh, Vanessa's finally out of the shower!" Amaya says looking over at me. "By the way you look so cute today Nessa!" She says smiling over at me.

"Thank you, Maya you look nice too, but we all should head down the lobby, so we won't keep Madison and the others waiting."  I say grabbing one of the key cards as Elijah get's the other one. Slipping the keycard in my purse we all began to make our way to lobby.

"Ugh, finally you all are here.. Today you all will be going zip lining, but if you don't want to go zip lining that's absolutely fine because you can all go swimming instead, so who's going zip lining?" Madison asks us as we all raise our hands "Alright let's go." She says leading us out of the hotel.

Before heading back to the hotel Madison asked us all to not go to our rooms right away because she has to let us know something important that was planned for all of the groups while we were all doing our own activities. Walking into the hotel we make our way to the lobby wanting to know what was planned for everyone.

"Alright everyone tonight is everyone's last night here in the hotel because tomorrow and on you all will be staying somewhere else. I don't know where and why you guys are going but remember to be safe when you guys leave this hotel and keep each other close okay. That's all I have to say now goodnight everyone." Madison says making her way out.

What does she mean by be safe and keep each other close?. As everyone begins to make their way to their room me and Noah stayed behind, so we could get rid of this necklace.

With everyone gone me and Noah make our way out of the hotel trying to find a heavy rock. A minute later we find a rock heavy enough and drop it on the necklace causing the gem to shatter. Picking up the remains we decided to put them in a nearby bush.

"Problem solved." I say as Noah nods as we make our way up to our room.

Today was an exhausting day but I don't think that'll get much sleep tonight because I'm still confused about what Madison said to all of us back at the lobby.

I guess I'll get answers tomorrow then but for a fact I know something's definitely going on.