Chapter IX

Feeling my arm being shook somewhat aggressively I pull my arm away turning on my side still trying to sleep until I jolted up wide awake in pain from being smacked by someone.

Holding my cheek I look over to see everyone wide awake but half of them look as if they say a ghost. Looking over to my side I see Amaya with a horrified look on her face. "They found Luna last night." Amaya says with a saddened look. Why is she sad, she said that they found her last night so what's wrong? "They found her and confirmed her dead." she says with a slight crack in her voice. I can't believe that she's really dead. Before I could speak the door  slams open to reveal Jacqueline.

"Alright everyone as you know one of you schoolmates went missing yesterday and found dead last night so you all now have an eleven thirty curfew until you guys leave to help prevent fewer murders and less missing people." she said turning around to leave but I got up and grabbed her arm making her stop in her tracks giving me a deadly glare while I help a serious face and posture.

"Where were you all yesterday?" I say making her flinch at my question.

Letting out a small sigh she finally speaks. "After I left your cabin I began to get a slight fever so the other guides let me rest for the rest of the day." she says calmly yanking her arm out of my grip leaving a mark as she proceeds to exit the cabin. I don't believe her one bit.

"Am I the only one who still can't trust her?" Natalie asks crossing her arms making me raise an eyebrow as some people begin to say that they don't trust her.

"I don't know about you guys  but I completely trust her." Serenity says with a smirk while I roll my eyes at her statement.

"Why do you even trust her?" Kevin asked in a more serious tone than his normal funny tone.

Scoffing Serenity puts a hand on her hip raising up her index finger. "First of all for starters she's very nice to us all." she raises up her middle finger making two. "Second of all she's not a liar in my eyes." she raises up her ring finger making three. "Last but not the least why do you all still suspect her when she literally said that she had a fever yesterday?" she says sounding a complete idiot in everyone's ears right now.

"Honestly Serenity you sound like a brain dead idiot trying to defend someone who could possibly be lying right in your face." Nathan says making Serenity frown walking up to him in anger.

"Excuse me, who do you think your talking to you useless ape?!" she yells making me want to smack her so hard you'll see her soul fly out of her body.

"I'm obviously talking to you." he says with a smirk as Serenity raises her hand about to smack him.

Noah manages to catch her hand before it made contact with Nathan's face"Can you two shut up already?! We all know for a fact that Jacqueline will be under most of our suspicion until she clears her name completely." he said letting go of her hand.

While almost everyone is arguing I notice that a piece of paper was slipped under the door of the cabin as I go over to get it. "Guys look at what I found." I say getting everyone's attention as I hold up the note.

"What does it say Nessa?" Amaya asks as I unfold the the piece of paper as I start to read what the note says.

You all are filthy, disgusting, and unwanted guests, so you all will pay the price for coming here. One by one you all will slowly be picked off until there's no one left.

All of our hearts dropped as soon as I finish reading the note. This just became even more serious than it already was before because all of our lives are now hanging on a loose thread unless we find out for sure who is doing all of this but if we don't it'll be game over for each and every one of us here if we don't take the right precautions and act fast about things.

"We need to tell the others along with the tour guides about this!" Serenity yells loudly making me flinch.

Ashlee walks up to us all along with Keith by her side. "What we really need to do is call the police and go far away from this place and never come back but for now all we have right now is her." She says pointing at me.

"What's so special about her!?" Serenity yells again as I let out an aggravated sigh.

"She's training to be a detective which means she could possibly find out who's doing all of this to us all." Ashlee states as Serenity turns to look at me.

"Well then miss detective you better find who's doing this before we all die, got it?" She says as I nod in agreement as she mumbles a quick "Good" as she grabs her clothes heading to the bathroom.

"Remember to stay in groups at all times because I someone goes alone somewhere they'll probably end up dead too." Noah says giving us all a quick reminder.

"If you find clues that could lead us to who's doing this please let me know as soon as possible because all of our lives are in grave danger now but first we have to find out who was with Luna right before she died." I say grabbing my journal and pen. "Alright If you guys notice someone acting suspicious let me know, so I could write their names down after we all get changed and eat breakfast." I say as I begin to write Jacqueline's down on the page.

It's now eleven thirty three, three minutes after curfew. We all begin to climb into our beds to head to sleep until we all heard an agonizing scream.