Is This The Real Life

It was that morning where things started going downhill.

Peter wanted to snap that annoying alarm clock in half, but that would be too suspicious for his part time job as Spider-Man. He slowly began to get out of bed, ignoring the giant headache he had.

Peter had managed to get himself ready without collapsing. The room was spinning and he couldn't think straight. Maybe if he had more than 3 hours of sleep this week, he wouldn't be like this. The moment Peter entered the bathroom he fell forward, barely catching himself with the sink. He felt like he was hit by a truck. His headache was huge and he could feel his heartbeat on his forehead.

Cold. Peter felt cold, and yet hot at the same time.

"What the hell??" Peter mumbled as he tried to regain his balance

He knew exactly what was happening, but he continued to doubt it.

Peter had a fever.

But, today was too important for him to be sick. It was Friday, meaning that he was going with Mr. Stark after school. Today most of the paperwork Peter had been working on was due, and he just needed one or two more papers until he was done with everything, and then he could revise and submit. No sir, there's no time to be sick. He slowly continued to get ready.

—————————

Peter winced at the smell of pancakes. Just great. He loved Pancakes, but today was the worst day she could've made them.

"Hey Buddy! Come sit, I made your favorite" Aunt May said. At the moment, she was too busy to pay any attention to Peter's sick self, her shift was starting in 5 minutes. May slid a plate of pancakes in his direction. He looked at the plate, and then at his beloved Aunt. He didn't have the heart to tell her he didn't want any. Peter could tell she worked hard to make sure breakfast wasn't burned today. Like, really hard.

He plastered on a fake smile and tried his best to be energetic.
"Wow, thanks Aunt May!" He screamed. Oof, too energetic.
He slowly looked back at the plate.

"Maybe Im not sick. Maybe I'm just hungry" Peter thought. He forcefully and hopefully brought his forkful of pancakes up to his mouth. The moment the food touched his taste buds, he gagged. Peter definitely wasn't hungry, but May started to watch him. He had to chew and swallow.
So he did. It was terrible, but he did. He gave Aunt May one of his fakest smiles.
"Yum"
"I'm so glad you liked it" May beamed with joy as she gave Peter a kiss on his forehead. Peter was burning up, and May definitely noticed. The kiss felt nice and cold on Peter's forehead.

"Peter, are you feeling ok?" May asked. Peter jerked up. He was half awake,half asleep and he wasn't expecting May to be socializing with him right now.

"Yeah...yah" he muttered. He looked around, trying to change the subject.

"Hmm. Nope! Not buying it" May started to look for the thermometer.

"No wait, Aunt May, I'm fine I'm fine!" Peter started to panic. If he really was sick he couldn't go with Mr.Stark. He got dizzy from getting up too fast.

"Ple...please don't be late too work because of me. I'll text you if I feel bad, okay? I promise" Aunt May was hesitant, but nodded her head.
"Fine" she sighed looking down at her watch.
"Alright, I gotta go. Be good and text me!" May shouted as the door to their apartment closed. The moment the door closed Peter banged his head on the table.

Just great.

Peter sighed and then glared at the "yummy" pancakes. He had to eat them now. He can't just leave them there, and he just couldn't bring himself to throw them away.

So, there went another bite.

And another.

And another.

Peter finally finished all four pancakes on his plate. Immediately, he clutched his stomach and screamed. There was too much pain, and his spider-senses weren't helping at all. Everything hurt, the only thing helping him right there were his long, deep breaths. After a minute of pain, he got up. He got up like it was nothing and he totally wasn't sick or anything. He just needed to get today over with. One step outside and- oh. Rain.

Peter was walking to the subway. He liked the cold rain on his sick face. It made him feel better, but he knew it would eventually make him worse. Getting to the subway he sat down. Everything was spinning .

He waited for a minute.

Then it was two.

Then it was 20.

Where was his train?

"Ohhhh no" Peter laid his head on the bench. "I missed it!"

He walked out of the subway, And his
Spidey-senses exploded. He felt what was going to happen, but he couldn't avoid it. A second later, Peter was soaking wet. The car's driver didn't seem to notice and continued driving. Peter sighed. he did the only thing he could think of.

"I can't believe I'm doing this" he mumbled

Shaking, He pulled out his phone.
————————
"Hey kid. You know your soaking wet?"

"Really? I didn't notice. Thanks for telling me Mr. stark" Peter rolled his eyes as he sat in the passenger seat. He was annoyed. Not at Tony Stark's joke, but at himself. How he managed to get sick, be late, and had to bother his mentor for a ride. Peter made sure to face the window the whole time, he didn't want Tony to see him like this. Then He realized, Tony was going the wrong way.

"Mr. Stark, y-you, uh, you made a wrong turn" Peter stammered "school is the other way"

"Your apartment is this way"

"What?!!" Peter jumped up. He didn't want to go back there right now. He wanted to go to school.
"Mr. Stark, I need to get to school"

"You need a change of clothes"

"I'm fine like this, sir"

"Your going to freeze out there"

"I'm Spider-Man, I think I can handle it"

"Yeah you think. Look, we're going to the apartment, your changing, and then we go to sc-"

"I said No!!" Peter snapped. Tony slammed on the brakes, and gave Peter the look. Peter Immediately turned away, and started panicking. He put his hoodie on, trying to shake away the awkward situation "I-I'm sorry Mr. Stark, I'm sorry" Peter fought the urge to cry, but he couldn't help it "I'm s-sorry, I'm sorry" He sobbed.

What am I saying??

Tony's glare turned into concern.

"Hey, Hey. It's okay" Tony put his hand on Peter's shoulder.

Please stop crying, please stop crying.

Peter made eye contact with Tony. That's when his concern turned into panic.

"Oh my god kid, you look awful"

Shoot. He forgot he was sick.

"Uh, that's just the water, Mr.Stark"

Peter felt very uncomfortable as Tony just stared. He kept driving to the apartment.