Chapter 4

Rose's POV

The search for Tasha has been going on for 5 days,and we still have no clue.And because i'm Lissa's head guardian,i didn't sleep at all.I'm with her at all times.She "ordered" me to sleep but i shrugged it off.Sure,i'm tired but Lissa is more important than sleep.I barely spend time with Dimitri.That sucks.Really sucks.Actually i see him all the time because he's Christian's guardian but we never actually talk because we don't let our guards down.I'm always alert of my surroundings lately.I have like 15 hidden stake with me.Yeah,i know,too much.Not really.

"Rose," Lissa sighed."Can you please let your guard down for just a sec? I missed my bestfriend." She pouted.

Don't do it.Don't do it Rose.You have to stay guarded at all times.But those eyes,UGHH!!

My face softened and half smile at her.

"There's my bestie!" She smiled.

"Hey,i'm always here."

"Well,yeah.Guardian Hathaway is always here but i barely see my best friend Rose lately."

I stiffled a yawn.Man,i'm tired but i can't sleep.Lissa as always caught this.

"Rose,you should really get some sleep.It's not healthy for you."

"But Lissa- " I started to protest.

"No buts.Go to sleep.Besides i got like 20-30 other guardians here." She hugged me."Go.I'll go get Dimitri." I started to open up my mouth but she shut me up."Rose,i've been watching you,you know? And i know that you missed Dimitri.You guys barely talk and spend time together."

"That's because we are guardians.We need to stay guarded at all times.Moroi come first.You come first." I explained.

She cringed."I'm really hating that sentence now.Okay,whatever just go.Get some rest.You need your strength."

I reluctantly nodded and went to my room which is beside Lissa's room.My clothes are pretty dirty so i took a short shower then put on new clothes.I lay on the bed,staring off into space.Soon enough,Dimitri slip in and hugged me from behind.Kissing my hair,cheek,nose,forehead and eventually my lips.I turned around to face my lover.

"I miss you Roza," He whispers as he play with a strand of my hair,our foreheads touching.My hand's on his cheek.I breathe in the smell of his wonderful aftershave scent.

"I miss you too,Comrade." He slightly chuckled at his nickname.

He crushed his lips with mine softly.Trails kisses on my neck,murmuring my Russian name,making me moaned slightly.Then again,his lips is on mine yet again.

"I love you Rose,so much." He kissed me passionately.

I smiled against his lips."I love you Comrade.Always."

"Let's sleep.We have to keep our strength and stamina up." He said somewhat sadly.

I slept for a few hours then got woken up by Dimitri.

"Dimitri?" I said softly.He was asleep but he has this trouble looks on his face.He kept tossing around and murmuring "No,no,no..".I see a rare look on his face- fear.He's so vulnerable at the moment.He suddenly clenched his fists."Dimitri," I shook his shoulder.He softened a bit."Dimitri.." With that,he shot up.Panting like he just did a 200 miles run.He's sweating.

"Dimitri.." He turned his gaze to me and looks like he's about to cry.I pull him into a hug.His head on my chest,my head on his.Calming him down with soothing words.I didn't need to ask him what he's nightmare was about because i already knew what it was.It was the time when he was a monster.This happens at least two times a week.Sometimes i have nightmares of the time when i was in Russia and when i "killed" Strigoi Dimitri.And he would always be there to comfort me.That's what we do.We comfort each other.Protect each other.

"Roza.." He sobbed.Yes,the big,bad, anti-social,God-like Guardian Belikov is sobbing on my chest.

"It's okay.It's okay.I'm alright.I'm safe.I'm here.You're not a monster anymore." I cupped his cheeks and stared at him straight in the eyes."You're not a monster.You're a dhampir like me."

His breathing slowly turns to normal,and after a few minutes,he sighed.He drops his face.

"I'm sorry Roza..it's just.."

"It's okay,i understand.You know i do." I kissed him.

We lay down together,but we didn't went back to sleep,because we couldn't.Instead,we made small talks,jokes,us.It's like all the problems banished.It's like when we were in St.Vlads.I don't know what i'd do if i lost him.