• f i v e •

SEONGHWA glanced at the child that was soaking in his own blood while the madman was laughing like crazy, he feel a surge of emotions getting the best of him and ran towards the dying child but was slapped away by the man himself. He glared at Seonghwa in such an intense way that Seonghwa froze on his tracks.

“You.” He can feel the hatred of the man from the way he talks “Why would you even dare to get near this filthy child?!”

“He isn’t filthy! He’s our friend and you hurt him!” Seonghwa can hear Mingi voicing out his opinion despite being hugged by the other kids.

“Friend? This friend of yours will be the end of everyone! Would you even accept him despite that?” the man asked.

Wooyoung kept on sobbing as he was being stopped by Hongjoong and Yunho on running to the dying child’s direction “I will accept him! He’s my bestfriend and I’ll stick with him through thick and thin! I’ll be there for him whenever he needs me! I’ll do everything and will sacrifice everything for my bestfriend!”

“Even if it costs everyone’s lives?!” the man asked.

Wooyoung nodded without even hesitating, “Yes! Nobody else matters anymore!”

“You’re sick!” the man laughed at Wooyoung before raising his axe once again, “Do you want to witness how I cut your beloved bestfriend into bits?”

Seonghwa can see the despair in Wooyoung’s eyes and looked at everyone, everyone is scared for their own lives. Seonghwa is currently the oldest one but he’s sitting ducks as the younger ones are trying to stop the man on murdering their friend. They’re too young for this. They just wanted to save their friend and end this nightmare.

“Don’t!" Wooyoung cried harder as he tried struggling away from the other children’s grasp.

“How pituful. You're not even aware of who you are befriending,” the man shook his head as he looked at the dying male which seems to be looking at his friends, “No hard feelings, cursed child. You aren’t meant to live any longer because you’ll only ‘cause misfortune towards the townspeople.”

“Stop saying mean stuff about my bestfriend!” Wooyoung shrieked.

Seonghwa can’t help but watch as the man laughed hysterically as he turned his back on them then raised his axe higher as he aims on the dying child’s neck, aiming to remove the head while the child was weeping silently. Everyone was screaming and pleading the man while the dying child just closed his eyes which seems to be accepting his fate.

Seonghwa prayed. He prayed so hard that his hands can’t stop shaking but he kept it clasped as he was praying—praying for a miracle.

But in all of the sudden, Yeosang’s relatives suddenly arrived along with the policemen. Seonghwa doesn’t know what’s happening but when he looked downwards, the people that used to be undead ones aren’t around and the ones that died was just lying on the ground as if they’re unconcious.

“There he is! The madman!” the policemen stated as they raised their gun, “You’re being surrounded. Give up.”

“Heh. As usual, the Kangs will do everything to clean their dirty tricks.” the man stated as he grinned, “You’re really in their side, huh?”