two // evangelion unit-00

the way one finds their soulmate depends on the person. every person has their own special moment. soulmates dont specifically have to be new faces. they can be old friends, the ones with the strongest connections. online strangers, the ones who you end up talking to for hours on. or maybe even the person you least expected, like that one person in your drama club. 

at a random age, when fate thinks youre ready, you will receive a sign. only one sign. it can vary from a guide, wholl sort out a path to your soulmates, or a tingle in your body which you can ignore easily. 

and OH BOY does jeongguk wish he gets the latter. BITCH, if his soulmate turns out to be a dedicated, clingy lover, pleading for his affection, hes snapping his fingers. fuck the other 50% of living creatures.

now, jeonggukie here wasnt always like this. he was nice kid, who didnt constantly yell at his mum for assuming that its just a phase, who didnt eat candy bars without the wrapper outside where all bacteria lurks. 

in fact, he hoped for a magical moment of his own. see, he had just finished watching 君の名は, with which he later searched up soulmate based books. after two restless days of reading, he finally concluded that by the age of sixteen, (because eighteen is just too much), a red string will appear around his pinky fingers—itll stay on the digit until he crosses paths with his one and only true love. (preferably a pale blue haired girl with blood red eyes, who also pilots the evangelion unit-00 as she fights off angels)

and the minute the lock eyes, bells will ring, not too loudly, in harmony, and the string will break, letting it fall to their sides. 

from there starts the catastrophic evolution of jeongguks crushes.

at fourteen he wanted wife-up and raise kids with rei ayanami.

at fifteen and a half he wanted to marry the famous korean soloist; iu.

from sixteen and onward he went quiet and focused more on his future.

at seventeen he started high school. 

and at nineteen, in his last year, here he is, hoping and begging for him to be taehyungs soulmate. 

(not sure if his love-life has sky-rocketed upwards or spiraled downwards)

at nineteen jeongguk lives 325km away from his parents. he shares a two story flat with jimin, who has already started his second year of college (along with taehyung), and yoongi, jimins original roommate at college. they both agreed that the dorms were far too expensive, and decided to yeet themsleves outta there. (how jimin managed to convince yoongi to let him share with them is a question jeongguk still asks himself to this day)

as he moved out of the small house his aunt owned and into their new flat, he had discovered some things; like for example, theres a huge loss of proper meals at the flat, but plenty more junk food. almost everyone living in the complex are students attending the same college, because apparently all college students are broke. and one of the things that affected jeongguk the most, taehyung visits quite often. (—by that i mean at least four times a week)

now, jeongguk has nothing against latters stops at their flat (which would regularly unfold into an entire mini-break, resulting to all four of the boys sleeping in the, somewhat small, space they call their living room), in fact, he loves it when taehyung visits. but, he must admit, that when said males head falls onto jeongguks chest as they watch a random horror movie no one ever asked for, it really doesnt help him with his entire situation.

as visits continue, touches last longer, and jeongguk falls deeper in love, he cant help but feel upset whenever taehyung brings up the topic of soulmates. 

hes scared; of losing taehyung to someone who can do so much more than him, until death do them apart.

its not that he hates soulmates. he hates the idea of not being with taehyung forever.

and hes grown up enough to know that things dont always turn out the way you want them to.

because, what if jeongguk isnt taehyungs soulmate?

"but what if you are?"