TWO

002. FIRST BLOOD

( ⁠—The first instance of success in a particular contest or area. )

»»—————————««

He who chooses will always have desires. 

The words rang true when the Razor Crest crew began their strenuous voyage to the mysterious settlements in Mos Pelago. In an attempt to seek out other Mandalorians who might help him find the home of the young child, the Mandalorian had left Gor Koresh's fighting arena with a bounty of information and a battle that allowed a plentiful release from his nerves. 

It was refreshing to see Pelli Motto in her hangar again, with her delightful remarks about his infrequent changes (she had noticed the missing witch but didn't bother asking him). As long as it was for the better the mechanic had decided. Better for her cash register. 

Circe and King Hyllus were put on a back burner for the quest. They couldn't risk their appearance on the radar to the ears and eyes of Imperial spies spread around the galaxy. Iego was a land bred of conflict and blood, it was tough to find allies for nationals of the planet. 

"We have to find a way to get back to the High Palace, with or without the princess," Hyllus had said. The loss of Myra was a bootless assent. "The thousand moons of Iego lie in wreckage after the Rebellion's destruction."

"Home sweet home," Circe had wistfully grumbled. 

While loading his weaponry over the speeder bikes that Pelli had kindly permitted him to use, something chinked under the cloth of his gear. He fit his fingers under and rested the gem between his palm.