THREE

003. DIVINE REVELATION

( ⁠—Communication of knowledge to man by a divine or supernatural agency )

»»—————————««

What was a mere krayt dragon compared to what she was feeling now? The monster ate when it starved but this sinking thought in her, it had been starving for many parsecs. Even if it consumed her, it would never be enough. 

The world drummed and rattled like drudging music but, Myra was steady on her feet and mind. The Sight had promised her everything that she was enduring, an experience that she had tremendously faced before. Her immortality had simmered down to an unnoticeable speck, her frozen heart simulating a human pulsation. I know you.

Just like the way the masked hunter had been out of sight but never out of her mind, Myra heard him first before she laid eyes on his flurried stance that hurried outside the cantina. 

The wild, wild beating of his perfect heart. Like a metronome, keeping pace yet, rising in clicks. A wicked reminder of his mortality; his frailty that was unexpected for a man who held a reputation for being a battle-hardened assassin. His only weakness surged in his heart. 

When the hunter swung around to see her, it was with the hesitance that came with perplexity. The town and the hot winds around her fell to dust.

His massive armour was adverse to Myra's namely shade. The refulgent silver had served as his aegis, dents and scrapes shading mere strokes as if avoiding death several times. If it weren't for the T-shaped visor, Myra would have read his mind flawlessly. The Mandalorian, his deeper thoughts seemed to manifest into her.

"Myra," he rasped out through static, his tone of something she couldn't place. A painful need, maybe. An untamed relief. A broken confession. It seemed like a hundred years ago since she had met a human male to gauge him. I know you.