FOUR

004. FACT IS STRANGER THAN FICTION

( ⁠—Real life is filled with such bizarre, absurd, or unlikely events that it can be hard to believe they are not fictional. )

»»—————————-««

Above all, past the power, or even eternal glory, it was a mercy that allowed Myra to plead to the waters with a will. 

Antithetically speaking, the aftermath of her wrath was a raw deal that's simply inevitable. You poke the beast; you get the claws. No, but Myra's mercy wasn't a restraint or control. Her mercy sought to bring change where it was required. Brooking ill will was what she had tolerated for years—it was what kept the remnants of her soul and her powerful body together. 

Within Myra's compassion laid her vow to never take a life. Be it beast, man, or both, she could never bring herself to cause agony on another soul the Ichor had breathed life into. So when the Mandalorian spoke of killing a krayt dragon, indebted to a quid pro quo, Myra could only refuse. 

The Marshal, the Mandalorian, and herself had met with a handful of Tusken raiders upon their questionable infringement. It was then that she'd come to meet with the Mandalorian's humanity, keeping his peace with nature and the life that stalked upon it. 

A piece fell into place. Perhaps that was why she'd taken feelings for this strange hunter. While the world saw her as someone who could never be trusted, he furled across his bridge and took his time waiting for Myra to trust her weight upon it. 

Then, there it was. Something blossomed in Myra's indestructible admiration for the mortal kind. Shaking beneath their cowls, wielding their gaderffii sticks in the air, their bejewelled eye slits twinkling, the celebrating Tusken raiders acquiesced and lauded Myra's arrival.