شیربانو - ۴

اچھی صورت کو سنورنے کی ضرورت کیا ہےسادگی میں بھی قیامت کی ادا ہوتی ہے

سادگی میں بھی قیامت کی ادا ہوتی ہے

تم جو آجاتے ہو مسجد میں ادا کرنے نماز
تم کو معلوم ہے کتنوں کی قضا ہوتی ہے

Achi Surat ko sawarnay ki zaroorat kya hai
Saadhgi me bhi kayamat ki Ada hoti hai

Tum jo aajatay ho masjid me Ada karnay namaz
Tum ko maaloom hai kitnon ki Kazah hoti hai

What is the need of make up for a beautiful face?
Simplicity also has the power of beauty to bring forth a dooms day.
When you come to the mosque for offering prayers
Do you know for how many it becomes something akin to death?

~~

Back at home, Ahmed Khan had already informed his wife, Farhat of the long awaited arrival of the two sisters into their home. 

As Sherbano entered the large hall through the tall engraved main door , she was engulfed into an embrace immediately -an embrace that she recognised. She gave in, hugging the woman back.

Farhat Khan had always been like a mother to Sherbano, since she had lost her own mother at a very young age, Farhat had always been the one to take her out on lunches, talk to her like mothers do and offer her advice. It had been about a month since she had last seen Farhat -which had been too long for the both of them to spend apart.

After letting go of her, Farhat pressed a soft kiss to Sherbano's forehead before embracing Ayla. Zaryab had already disappeared somewhere.

It had been years since Sherbano had come to this house -ever since Zaryab left, she didn't find any reason to.

The two sisters were then led into one of the guest bedrooms they preferred to share, and Farhat left them to freshen up and rest for a while -not forgetting to inform them about dinner at 8:30.

With a warm smile, Farhat left the room and the two sisters drifted off, deciding to take a nap and wake up at 8 instead.
When Sherbano heard the incessant haranguing of her alarm clock, she groaned before waking up, and waking a snoring ayla up with a few nudges and chants.

Sherbano wore a black embroidered shalwar kameez -contrasting with her dewy skin and the delicate gold chain that rested upon her collarbones.

Ayla however, wore a bright summery blue printed shalwar kameez and by the time the two were freshened up, it was already 8:40.

Not wanting to be any more late than they already were, the two rushed to the dining room. The Khan family was waiting around the dining table for dinner to be served and the two girls to arrive.

When the door was pushed open by Sherbano, five pairs of eyes moved to her direction.

The silence in the air was almost awkward as Sherbano flushed pink at the attention and Zaryab looked away, clearing his throat. Ahmed Khan started,