شیربانو - ۵

آ تجھے لیکے چلوں جہاں چلےسب جگ سوئے ہم جاگیں تاروں سے کریں باتیں

سب جگ سوئے ہم جاگیں تاروں سے کریں باتیں

aa tujhe leke chaloon jahaan chale
sab jag soye ham jaagen taaron se karen baaten

Come let me take you wherever your heart says
All the world sleeps, but we lie awake talking to the stars

[chapter inspired by @ayemaaaaaan she uses the best quotes for her chapters, made me fall in love with some which I wanted to include myself 🤩]
~~~

That night at the dining table, amidst all the chatter, Ayla constantly felt a heavy gaze settle upon her. She didn't have to look up to know who it was, she was always aware of Adeel's burning gaze.

Just his gaze made her fumble with her hands in nervousness and her knees tremble,

Feeling flustered and incredibly nervous, Ayla finished her food as quickly yet decently as possible and excused herself with the reason of being tired and retiring to bed.

'if it's just his eyes that have so much of an effect on me, his touch would probably drive me crazy',

the thought made a tinge of red creep up Ayla's neck and soon, she could feel her face heat up with the rush of blood

Adeel's gaze was trained on her form as she almost ran out of the dining room. When she was gone, he noticed that she had left her phone behind and slyly, without catching anybody's attention, he wrapped his hands around it and swept it into the pocket of his jeans.

'Finally,' he thought,

Adeel finally got an excuse to interact with the shy young girl again

He finished his food and made a few halfhearted comments to contribute to the conversation that had been going around the dining table. However, his focus and attention was with someone else.

Waiting a further 15 minutes as to not seem suspicious, Adeel too excused himself and hurried into his room.

The shadow of a smirk occupied his features as he plopped onto his bed, making him look slightly dark and dangerous yet all the more heavenly.

He whipped the phone out of his pocket and was surprised to see that she didn't have a lock on it.

Adeel didn't feel ashamed, he didn't care that he was trespassing or invading her privacy -he had just one purpose, to find out why this girl had such an effect on him and how he would get closer to her.

Normally, women didn't catch his attention and he was known for disregarding even the most inviting and beautiful women without much of a glance.

The truth was, he was never the kind of man who would run after a woman, he didn't wear his heart on his sleeve -unlike the boys he was friends with, who would get into multiple relationships and call girls names such as 'sweetheart' and 'darling' as if it was their birth right.