شیرنانو - Epilogue

جب سے دیکھا ہے ان کی آنکھوں کو ہلکا ہلکا سرور رہتا ہے

ہلکا ہلکا سرور رہتا ہے

Jab se Dekha hay unn ki aankhon ko
Halka halka suroor rehta hay

Ever since I have seen those eyes
A slight pleasure has stayed

~~

Epilogue

Streaks of soft morning sun danced into the room; providing a dim light, indicating the start of dawn as birds circled in early flight

Streaks of soft morning sun danced into the room; providing a dim light, indicating the start of dawn as birds circled in early flight. The morning's hush provided solace and calm to his heart.

Zaryab cuddled into his daughter's sleeping frame on his chest, her tiny arms still wrapped around her dad's neck. For a few seconds, he relished in her presence, thankful to his God and his wife, for this beautiful gift -this tiny human who was a part of him and adored him to no extent.

Her soft snores brought a small smile to his face as he thought about little Maha's mother, the woman who was behind all the happiness and content in his life.

Patting her side of the bed, Zaryab's brows furrowed, realising the sheets were abruptly pushed onto his side and her pillow was vacant. He opened his eyes, confirming her absence and groaning in dismay, disappointed, for he had been expecting a cuddle session from both his girls this chilly winter morning, before the busy day they had ahead of them.

He tucked his baby girl into his pillow, surrounding her with blankets so she would stay warm. Goosebumps engulfed his arms, exposed from his t shirt as he rubbed his eyes, trying to rid the traces of hazy sleep and push back the tousled hair falling over his eyebrows.

His eyes roamed their bedroom as he stood, a sigh escaping him as he noticed the bathroom lights on, the door left ajar.

Sherbano was hunched over the toilet, emptying the contents of her stomach once again, that morning.