four

it had been about two weeks since you had met tyler. you began texting him, and he sent you lots of pictures of jim like he'd promised. it made you happy, looking at the fluffy dog. you wanted to see the both of them again.

you were on another one of your walks along the ocean as you texted tyler. he was telling you more about his career, how the tour was going for him and josh. it sounded lovely, going on stage every night and performing with a bunch of people. if only you knew tyler when he came down to florida for his show, you would've loved to go with your sisters. maybe another time.

eventually he told you he had to put his phone down so he could begin getting ready. that's when you decided you were going to go in the water, you haven't talked to the ocean in a few days. she must've missed you.

you slowly eased into the warm salty water, and she engulfed you with open arms, almost hugging your body. you smiled in relief that she wasn't too upset about your distance from her.

i'm so glad you're here again.

i am too. i'm sorry i've been a bit distant lately. i've just been distracted.

distracted by what?

you thought about it. you couldn't tell her it was a boy you'd been talking to, she'd obviously assume the worst. you just enjoyed being able to talk to a normal human being once in a while.

well, i don't know. callista's sentence is almost complete and i'm really going to miss her.

that wasn't a complete lie. callista had served the ocean for nearly a hundred years. she'd be set free in just a week. it was a bittersweet type of feeling. since her memory would soon be erased, she'd forget about this life and all of you, but she was finally going be living a normal life, a life all of you wished you could have.

yes, of course you're going to miss her. i will too. treasure this last week you have with her, and when she's set free, be happy for her. truly, deep inside, you will all always be connected. even if you can't remember it.

i know. thank you for helping me. you always know what to say.

of course. i love you all very much.

we love you too.

soon after, you made your way back to the house. it was big, and you definitely loved how close it was to the ocean, but you really were getting bored of living here for so many years. you'd have to convince them all about moving sometime soon.