seven

the first thing you, tyler, and ashley set out to do was find out where exactly you were. after a bit of walking, you had found a cafe just near the beach.

"excuse me," tyler called to a woman who was exiting the building. "could you please tell me where we are? it's a really long story, but we're basically lost right now," he explained.

"this is miami, florida," she replied with a kind smile. "anything else? do you guys need to call someone?"

"that would actually be so helpful, thank you," tyler responded. she fumbled through the items in her purse before pulling out her phone. she handed it to tyler, allowing him to type in whatever number he needed to call. you assumed he was going to call josh, especially because of what had just happened recently.

"hello?" tyler asked. there was a pause. you signaled with your hands for tyler to put the phone on speaker. you weren't trying to intrude on the conversation or anything. you just wanted to know what was going on and if he was alright.

"is this tyler?"

"yeah, it's me, man. are you okay?" tyler asked frantically.

"me? i'm fine, what about you? you weren't on any of the lifeboats."

"i don't know. i just woke up on the shore. and the girl i met when we were in florida, y/n, she's here too with her friend."

"how?"

"i'm still confused too. once i figure all of this out, i'll tell you. but right now we're in miami, and i need to get back in time for our show this week," tyler stated.

"how in the world did you get all the way over there?"

"i really don't know. i'm gonna have to get back there somehow, but there's no way for me to take a plane without my id or anything."

"maybe i can get mark to pick you up. it'll take longer, but there'll be enough time to make it back for the show," josh suggested.

"sounds good. i'll get back in contact with you so you can tell mark where to find me."

"alright, see ya tyler."

"bye."

tyler hung up and handed the phone back to the woman, thanking her for helping. tyler then turned back to you, his eyes darting between you and ashley. "you guys have a place here, right?"

technically you had just moved out, but the house was still owned by you and the girls. you and ashley both nodded your heads.

"alright. then let's get some money for a taxi and we'll have somewhere to stay," tyler said.

you felt bad that tyler was basically the one in charge of figuring everything out and how to get back home. but he was the only one who could talk, so there wasn't much you could do about it.

he was probably beyond confused, bewildered at the situation. the cruise had been just off the coast of new york, and he had mysteriously ended up in florida with two girls. how could you possibly explain to him that you saved him and brought him all the way here? you couldn't. you had to think up a story. you couldn't risk him finding out.

after tyler got some money from the bank and you found a taxi, you finally arrived to the comfort of your home. luckily you had a house phone here, so tyler could get in contact with josh again.

after showing tyler around a bit, you led him to callista's old room. it was the cleanest of the bunch, so you figured it made more sense for him to sleep in there.

before you left the room, you noticed tyler pulling down the blanket, ready to climb into bed. it had been a long day, there was no doubt he was tired.

"goodnight," tyler said softly. "and thank you for letting me stay here." you nodded your head with a smile and gave him a little wave as you left the room, carefully closing the door.

you then ran to ashley's room, finding the girl sitting on her bed. you'd have to make up a story with her to tell tyler. he'd probably start questioning you sooner or later.

"hey," you whispered, sitting next to her. you made sure to be quiet, you wouldn't want to hurt tyler by letting him hear your voice.

"this is so crazy," she replied in a hushed voice. "what are we gonna tell him?"

"well, we couldn't tell him where we were. so we can't tell him that we found him on the shore. i guess the only way we could've landed on the shore next to him was if we were on the cruise together," you explained.

"still sounds a little suspicious, but that's really the most logical story. he might be confused, but we can just act confused too," she added. you agreed with her, slumping back onto the bed. she did the same, the two of you now staring at the ceiling. "i can't believe we're going through all of this for a boy," she said with a smirk, chuckling when she noticed the annoyed look on your face. "he's cute though, so it's okay. but we're gonna be in trouble with the ocean."

"i know," you replied with a sigh. "but i couldn't let him get hurt. or any of his friends, for that matter."

"i understand."

"do you think she'll forgive me?" i asked, referring to the ocean.

"she'll be angry, but she loves you. i think she will."