PROLOGUE

p r o l o g u e

p r o l o g u e

A large family of six stood together in a group, the four children gripping their trunks tightly in their hands as they awaited their parents to let them scurry off to the crimson and black train called the Hogwarts Express. The Flores family was a pureblooded family who didn't belong in the wizarding world of pureblood families. Their family wasn't respected like most pureblooded families. Actually, they had been spit on countless of times for their actions that were described as traitorous. They commonly associated themselves with muggle-borns, half-bloods, and even half-breeds on some occasions. The mother of the family, Amelia Flores, was a healer at St. Mungo's, a wizarding hospital for magical maladies and injuries. Their father, Greggory Flores, worked in the Ministry in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures.

Despite how much they were looked down upon by other pureblooded families, the family didn't seem to care in the slightest and walked around as if they were in their own little bubble. Even now, standing on Platform Nine-And-Three-Quarters that was hidden in King's Cross Station, they were oblivious to the looks of distaste they were getting from other pureblooded families.

Amelia and Greggory's four children were the most unique and diverse group of siblings the wizarding world had probably ever seen. Though they all looked fairly similar, their two boys being twins and the two girls looking nearly identical despite being two years apart, their personalities couldn't be more different and that was shown just by their demeanor at the station.

Their oldest was Andrea Grace Flores. She was going into her third year at Hogwarts and had been placed in the Hogwarts house of the snake, Slytherin. Andrea had knotted dark brown hair that differed from her snow white skin that was splashed with a light flick of freckled around her nose. She had sharp blue-green eyes that were big and round, the color standing out even more because of the dark makeup she put around her eyes. Though Andrea sported the colors of green and silver, she was anything but her other housemates. Yes, she was cunning and sometimes she acted a little shrewd, but she was so incredibly ambitious and achievement-orientated that it was hard for her friends and family to picture her in any other house but Slytherin.

Their second oldest, by only thirty-seven minutes, was Joshua Flores. Joshua was a tall, lanky boy with dark curly hair that sat in a tangled mess on his head usually. He had bright green eyes that seemed to scan everything around him with an intense look. When he had gone into Hogwarts with his twin brother just the previous year, he was sure the two of them would be in the same house since they did everything together. Oh, how wrong he was when the word Ravenclaw had echoed from the Sorting Hat. Joshua was never the most academically motivated of his three siblings. Actually, he gave that title to Andrea since she was always the first to get any work done and tended to stay on top of her work the entire school year. Despite him not being to keep on focusing strictly on his academics, he did pride himself on being original and the many talents he had, which included, but were not limited to, painting, playing the piano, and writing. While he struggled in any schoolwork that was strictly academic, he thrived in any schoolwork that had anything to do with being any sort of creative, whether it is an essay, project, or a simple presentation.