― 09 | OBLIVIOUS

Cameron Flores was possibly the most oblivious girl in all of Hogwarts

Cameron Flores was possibly the most oblivious girl in all of Hogwarts. She walked through the corridors of the castle with a skip in her step, a hum echoing from her lips, and her mind in a daydream. So, it wasn't surprising to anyone when she was completely blind to Remus Lupin's sad attempts of getting her attention.

It was honestly a sight that could bring tears to the eyes of any passing students. The tall lanky Gryffindor pining over the small Hufflepuff. Remus following her around like a lost puppy as he offered to do things like carry her books, walk her to the Hufflepuff common room, and even sometimes waiting for her early in the morning so they could walk to breakfast together. Cameron saw it as him just trying to become better friends with her while almost every other Hogwarts student saw what was truly happening between the two.

"My favorite color is green," Remus had blurted as the two walked together to potions. "What's yours?"

"Um," Cameron giggled, completely caught off guard by the sudden question. "I don't know. I think purple is pretty. Why did you a-"

"Okay, cool," Remus cut her off before turning sharply on his heels. "I forgot my potions textbook on my bed."

Cameron was still frowning about their encounter hours later because she could've sworn that hugged tightly against Remus Lupin's chest during their conversation, was his Potions textbook.

Now, the bright Hufflepuff girl was sitting out by the Black Lake with the same boy, the two sitting under a tree in the Autumn cold. Cameron was wearing a pair of black jeans and black boots with her white button-up tucked in and her yellow tie loose, her robes hugging her body to keep her warm. Remus was wearing his usual Gryffindor uniform, only a Gryffindor scarf wrapped around his neck.

"So," Cameron spoke up as she turned to Remus with a grin. "How is Operation Get The Girl going?"

"Is that what we're calling it?" Remus snorted. "I'm barely getting any girl, in my opinion. I honestly think your advice is just too subtle for her."

"Oh, so we have a daft one, do we?" Cameron teased.

"Yo- She isn't daft," Remus frowned slightly. "Actually, she's rather brilliant. Just... I don't think it's catching her attention the way you say it is."

"Well," Cameron thought for a second before shrugging. "It's only been around a week, Rem. You can't expect her to catch feelings overnight. But..."

"But?" Remus leaned forwards when he saw she get an idea.

"No," Cameron shook her head. "It's stupid."

"Nothing you'd ever say would be stupid," Remus told her and almost instantly he wanted to walk into the Black Lake and drown himself. Would she think that was weird? Or maybe she would realize his feelings for her right then and there and she'd shut him down in the nicest way possible that would break his heart even more.

Cameron felt her cheeks heat up and she turned her head away from him, her hair hanging down as it hid her pink cheeks from him. Then, when she felt her flushed features fade, she turned to Remus and sighed.

"Well I wouldn't ever recommend this unless you were really desperate," Cameron started, her fingers picking at her cuticles. "But have you tried to, like, not talk to her?"

Remus frowned.

"Not talk to her?" Remus asked in confusion. His eyebrows scrunched together, making a scar between his eyebrows deepen slightly. "Isn't that the opposite of what you told me to do in the first place."

Cameron rolled her seafoam green eyes playfully and shoved her Gryffindor friend slightly before throwing her arm over his shoulder.

"Oh, Remus," Cameron clicked her tongue and shook her head as she ruffled his hair. "Oh, our poor, innocent little Remus. You see, the female species is quite complex. We work much different than men do. You could say that we have more advanced emotions then you lot."

"Advanced emotions?" Remus asked with a raised eyebrow as he attempted to fix his hair.

"Yes, Remus," Cameron smiled as she patted Remus' cheek with her hand and stood up. "Think about it. She's probably used to having you around so much that nothing you do will catch her attention anymore, but if you suddenly change what she's grown used too that will definitely catch her attention!"

"I don't know," Remus frowned as he took Cameron's arm off from around his shoulders. "What if she thinks I hate her or something?"

"Oh she won't," Cameron waved off his concern as she stood up and held her hand out to him. "You're too sweet to hate anybody. Now, come on, It's almost dinner."

You're quite comfy.

started, june 29th, 2019completed, ???

completed, ???