― 05 | YELLOW

QUIDDITCH WAS PROBABLY THE ONLY THING that Cameron was looking forward to at the moment

QUIDDITCH WAS PROBABLY THE ONLY THING that Cameron was looking forward to at the moment. Despite her kind nature and bubbly attitude, Cameron was one of two beaters on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team along with a sixth-year boy named Milo Goody, who was also the captain for the team. The two of them were an amazing team with Milo's dedication to the sport and want to win and Cameron's pure enjoyment of the sport. Though, most of the Hufflepuffs found it quite amusing as they heard the squeaking apologies coming from Cameron every time she almost hit someone with a Bludger.

The Quidditch season had already begun, but the excitement of the students was riveting as people took their seats in the stands of the Quidditch pitch. This was the first match of Hufflepuff against Slytherin and most of the school were there to watch since there were no classes that day. All of the Slytherin students in the stands were wearing as much Slytherin attire as possible to show the support for their team. Some Ravenclaws had also joined in with the Slytherin house while most were indifferent. On the other side of the pitch were the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor students. All of them wearing the most brightly colored yelled they owned.

Cameron skipped out with her teammates, her smile brightening up the entire Quidditch pitch as she looked around. Her dark hair was braided into two french braids and she had a yellow stripe of face paint under each eye. She wore shin, knee, and arm guards that looked like a light they were made of wood and a pair of white pants tucked into her high up knee guards. Resting on her forehead was the pair of goggles she was required to wear, which she always felt silly wearing them. On her was her slightly oversized, yellow, Quidditch robes, the Hufflepuff crest proudly on her chest and the number sixteen on her back along with her last name. In her left hand was the thick beater's bat and in her right was her broom.

The excited Hufflepuff girl quickly spotted her friends sitting at the very front in the Gryffindor stands. Sirius and James had opposite halves of their faces painted yellow and they were wearing bright yellow t-shirts, loudly cheering on Cameron as they held up signs with her name and number painted on them. Peter was wearing a yellow beanie over his blonde hair and was standing next to James and Sirius whistling loudly. Remus was also standing, Cameron's Hufflepuff scarf that he had asked to barrow wrapped around his neck, clapping as he sent her two big thumbs up. Cameron waved quickly to them, her cheeks flushing at the sudden attention.

Cameron then looked out at the rest of the stands for her siblings. In the back of the Gryffindor stands was her brother Nathan with his other friends on the Quidditch team. He was wearing one of her ties around his head like a bandana and had matching facepaint to hers, cheering loudly over the crowd for his younger sister. In the Ravenclaw stands sat Joshuah, who was wearing a yellow beanie to show his support. He wasn't screaming loudly, but instead whistled towards her and sent her a wide grin. Finally, in the Slytherin stands, sat her sister. Andrea was in her usual Slytherin attire and Cameron's smile slightly faltered. When Andrea saw this, she pushed her hair behind her ears to show two little yellow pearls that were just bright enough for Cameron to see. Her smile grew again as she turned forwards with a skip still in her step.

"Now," Madame Hooch, the referee for every Quidditch match at Hogwarts. "I want a clean game... From all of you."

Hooch gave the Slytherin team a side eye and motioned for the captains to shake hands, Milo and the Slytherin boy shook hands before the four Quidditch game balls were in the air and the students kicked off. Milo and Cameron shot up into their positions, Cameron winded her arm and bashing the bat onto the bludger towards the triangular formation of the opposite team's catchers. Fiona Ashley, Charles Layton, and Hyatt Ryder were the Hufflepuff Chasers and quickly mimicked the Slytherin's formation, Fiona tucking the quaffle under her arm before launching it at one of the Slytherin hoops. Cameron cheered on her fellow teammate when the Quaffle went in. Rylan Underwood, a Gryffindor third-year, was commentating the match so everyone could follow along, his witty banter and sly jokes keeping the entertainment high.

"And there goes Layton for the points and- Oh! That's gonna leave a mark in the morning!"

Charles had had the Quaffle and was trying to score a point when one of the Slytherin beaters hit a bludger into his shoulder, causing him to drop the ball and nearly get knocked off of his broom. When Cameron saw one of the Slytherin chasers catch the quaffle and try to score a goal, she located the bludger and swung her bat using both hands, sending the heavy ball onto the end of his broom and causing the quaffle to fly out of his hands and get easily caught by Hyatt.

"Incredible move from Flores! Damn, that girl has one mean swing- Ow!"

"Language."

Cameron giggled at the sound of Professor McGonagall, the Transfiguration professor, scolding the commentator. She looked around the pitch to see her friends cheering her on. She noticed Remus was looking a lot more enthralled with the sport, his eyes lit up as he watched the quaffle bounce around. James and Sirius were chanting her name loudly, pounding their feet on the stands loudly to a beat. Cameron sent her friends a quick wave before getting back into the game.

After around an hour of playing, the score was one hundred and ten to one hundred and thirty with Slytherin in the lead. Cameron was feeling her arm beginning to get sore and tired from the swinging and was feeling very uncomfortable sitting on the broom for an hour straight. She heard loud cheering from the Slytherin stands as their chaser through a quaffle easily past Hazel Vance, the Hufflepuff keeper. Cameron's eyes dotted around for their seeker and she smiles when her eyes landed on Bradley Young, who was neck and neck with the Slytherin seeker as they chased after the golden snitch. All they had to do was keep the points close enough that they would win if Bradley caught the snitch.

Cameron slammed the bludger towards another formation the Slytherin's made, calling out an apology when she saw the ball hit one of the chaser's biceps. Milo was racing around the pitch, hitting any bludge that came by him towards a green wearing player. A few times he called a beater play called a Double Beater Defence, where both him and Cameron would hit the ball at the same time to get more power. Now, he was rushing around calling out plays left and right.

Cameron rushed high in the air after a bludger, ready to wind up her arm and slam it down towards the pitch. Right as she hit the ball with a loud smack, she watched as Bradley took both hands off of his broom and snatched the snitch out of the air, tucking it against his chest before holding it up in the air in victory. Cameron flew both her hands up in the air in celebration as the whirling sound of something growing closer quickly grew louder and a sharp pain slammed into the back of her shoulder and a pop echoed in her ears.

Because Cameron had her hands off of her broom she felt her body get flung forwards, the sound of a whistle blowing echoing in her ears, signaling the end of the game. A loud gasp echoed all across the pitch. She watched as Milo tried to reach and catch her but she fell right past him.

"Arresto Momentum!"

You're quite comfy.

started, june 29th, 2019completed, ???

completed, ???