08 | Is It the Truth You Seek?

"WOAH! WHY ARE you running Anne?" I questioned as I watched Anne catch up to me, completely out of breath

"I didn't want to waste anymore time!" She gasped out, trying her hardest to catch her breath. "I'm so sorry I'm late!"

I managed a chuckle as I grabbed my small pocket watch. "We still have lots of time, don't worry about it."

She smiled up at me as we began making our way towards the schoolhouse for another school day.

We made small talk on the way, just telling each other what we had done the day before. Before we knew it, we were already at the entrance.

"After you, madam," Anne spoke elegantly, adding a bow for effect as she guided her arm towards the door. I laughed, opening the door. We continued giggling as we stepped inside, placing our things down.

"Amelia!"

I turned around to see the familiar pair of bright green eyes and sandy blonde hair behind me.

"Ivy!"

She pulled me into a hug, which I gladly accepted.

"How was your weekend?" She queried, smiling as we walked towards our desks. I shrugged, sighing as I placed my books down on my desk where Ruby was already sat down at. The small, petite girl seemed to only ignore my presence, which I didn't pay much attention to.

"Well," my eyes wondered to the four boys across the aisle from my desk. My eyes met with none other than Gilbert Blythe's once again, which caused me to look away swiftly.

"Don't we have a story to tell you." I turned around to see Diana Barry, looking fresh in a fancy blue dress, walk up to us. "Good morning girls."

I grinned as we said our hellos.

"Story?" Ivy's eyebrows raised as she seemed to grow even more interested. "Tell me! Tell me!"

Anne, Diana, and I laughed at her enthusiasm but before I could begin the "story", Mr Phillips walked in, causing everybody to quickly fall into their seats and turn their attention to the front of the class as today's lessons began.

______________________

"Amelia hurry up!" Anne pressured me as she along with Diana and Ivy sat in a circle for lunch. I quickly ran to grab my lunch before speed walking back to the circle, smiling down at them as I sat down.

"Sorry sorry, I'm a bit lazy today," I sighed, digging into my food.

"You're lazy everyday though?" Diana questioned before I shoot her a friendly glare. We all burst into laughter as we all began to eat.

"I guess you're right."

It hadn't even been five minutes when all of a sudden, Josie Pye and Tillie Boulter came skipping up to us, putting on their fakest smiles.