•II• BACKSTORY

Hello, my name is Mariah Goode. You probably don't know me but here's a bit about me regardless, I'm eighteen and I live at Calf Half Blood. I never asked to be here but the fates had other plans.

...nine years ago...

It was a normal day in good ole Richmond Virginia. Nine year old Mariah had no idea of what was in store for that faithful day.

*flashback*

"Mar, wake up sweetie." My father lightly shook me from my sleep. "I made breakfast." "Oh yay." I said sarcastically. If only I knew...

*timeskip*

Dad came into my room with two suitcases "Hey, I've got to go pumpkin." My dad told me. "Why daddy? Why do you have to go?" I asked him timidly "I've got to go. I've got to go to New York for a business trip." He told me. I ohed, slightly understanding what that meant. "I've called in your Aunt Marissa to come watch you while I'm gone." "Okay daddy, I love you." I told him as I gave him a hug. "I love you too princess." He told me, kissed me on the cheek and left me with my aunt.

He never came back, and I didnt really know why until my Aunt informed me that my father had passed in a car crash. I cried all morning and ran away later that day. I never looked back. A voice in my head told me to go to New York and look for a strawberry feild. I didnt know who was telling me to go but I listened.

It took me weeks and I was hungry and I got attacked numerous times. I didn't rest completely until I got to the strawberry feild. I wondered around and finally reached a camp. I was exhausted from my journey from Virgina to New York. The last thing I saw was a horse-man hybrid and a blonde. I couldn't fight my sleepiness and passed out on the ground.

And that's where my story began.

-‐-----------------‐-----------------------------------

Whew! That was a lot but also a little, I'm having a case of writers block but I've brought you guys this. I hope it's okay. Stay tuned for the next chapter.

Author out!