•VII• AMAZING GRACE

Recap:

"So, what's your name, newbie?" He asked me, and I've never been happier to respond.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt butterflies in my chest. I mean, this incredibly handsome guy asked me my name, that doesnt happen too often.

"My name is Mariah Goode." I told him with delight.

He smiled at me. "I'm Jason Grace. Nice to meet you." He put out his hand for me to shake, and of course, I shook it. His hands are rough but have a softness to them. He smiled at me again.

Man, he is great at smiling. When he smiles, you can see the faint little scar on his upper lip, he just got more points on the hotness meter, Mariah thought to herself.

We walked in comfortable silence, felling content with just being near Jason. They didnt speak until they got to the lava wall.

"So Mariah, how are you feeling about everything? I know it's a lot to take in." Jason chuckled and smiled at me, at this, I blushed.

wow, hot guy alert, I thought to myself. Calm yourself Mariah, you just met him, no time to rush into things.

"I gotta admit, I am pretty gobsmacked at all this. I mean, I've read a lot about the Greeks and Roman mythology stuff, but never would I think it to be all real. I mean, flying horses and lava walls," I gestured to the molten rock wall by us, "is insane, but here I am, witnessing all of the mythical things."

I brushed my stray pieces of dirty blonde hair behind my ear and analyzed everything, especially Jason.

His eyes are the color of a clear blue sky on a nice summer day, his hair as gold as Apollos lyre, his nose, a regal roman perfect one. And the scar on his upper lip is a beautiful imperfection, adding to his gorgeous appearance.

I guess he saw this, because he awkwardly turned away from me, finding an excuse to show me something else. He stuttered out,

"O-oh, here is the beach, it's a great place, there is some gorgeous things here at Camp Half Blood." He turned back at me, and I could se a faint blush painting his cheeks.

Yeah, gorgeous things like you, I thought to myself. You are acting like a little girl fawning over your third grade celebrity crush, stop it Mariah. "Sorry." I suppose I accidentally said it out loud, because he said,

"Uhm, why are you apologizing? You didnt do anything." Jason gave me a skeptical look, seemingly analyzing me himself. Then, as if a lightbulb went off in his head, he told me, "I have to bring you to cabin 11, the Merc-ah, Hermes cabin." He started walking a little faster, towards the mass of cabins.

"Why?" I asked Jason. "Is there something special about it? Why do I have to go there?" He chuckled and smiled yet again,

"You like asking a lot of questions, Mariah. Well, I'm bringing you there because that is where you will be staying, until you get claimed, of course." He told me, nonchalantly.

"Oh, I suppose that makes sense, I think. Anyway, what is claiming?" I asked him, like a lost puppy.

"Oh, claiming is when your Godly parent sends you a sign that you are their child, it is there sign, like how Poseidons sign is a trident, and Athenas sign is an Owl."

I had an aha moment, finally understanding what he was saying." Ah, and how Apollos sign is a lyre, and Hermes is a caduceus and all."

I could tell he was clearly shocked, "Wow, well yeah. You sure are smart. Who is your parent, the one you know?"

My smile had faded away, along with my cheerful mood, "My father, but, he has... recently passed." I said with teary eyes, thinking back to the crash.

It's so unfair, I thought to myself. He should still be here, with me, but hes not. A singular tear rolled down my cheek. Jason saw this and decided to give me a hug, a nice warm big hug.

"Hey, hey, it's alright. I'm sorry about your loss, I lost my mom, that was long ago, but still."

He smelled like cinnamon and fresh air, I sunk into his arms to savor this wonderful hug. He rubbed my back, as to soothe me further, and it helped. After that, we were quietly walking in silence, until Jason once again broke it. He came to a stop in front of a warn out cabin. "Well, this is it. Cabin 11."

I looked up at the caduceus that was plastered upon the roof of the building, and I then looked down at the warn out door mat, that seemed to be warn out by so many people coming in and out of the cabin. Jason knocked on the door, and waited for someone to open the door. It took a second, but someone with messy brown hair opened the door and said,

"Oh, hi Jason. Who do you have here?" Jason responded with, this is Mariah Goode, shes new, and undermined."

I could hear a few signs and grumbles of disapproval withing the cabin.

"Oh, well, come on in. Thank you Jason." I turned to Jason, and took my stuff out of his hands, that I had given him.

"Will I see you around?"

"Yeah, of course. If you ever need me, come to cabin one."

And with that, he gave me one last smile and turned to leave. Its official, I am in love. I thought to myself, with a content sigh.