(Chapter 15) the talent show part 1

File#15

(Pre note) includes Hamilton and Jeffersons picking the song they are going to perform, and surprising each other with their talents :3

Thomas POV

"Ok..." muttered Alex tiredly, stopping his pacing for a second in order to look at me.
"For us to even be considered as winners for the TS (talent show) we're gonna have to pick a song that fits the specific criteria,"

After a brief pause On my behalf , Alexander just sighed and showed me a document on his flip-phone.

"It says here that any singing acts must include a song that's from a musical, has a wide vocal range and something to do for each performer, any suggestions?" He said slowly, his babyish tone a strong implication that he thought I was acting dumb.

Thinking for a moment, a sudden idea popped into my head which caused my mouth to stretch into a half smirk.

"What's so funny?" He Demanded, seemingly becoming more infuriated as I began to laugh, my new plan almost fully formed in my brain.

"I know what song we can do!" I said, sinking further into the couch as I let out a contented sigh.

"What?"

"Dead girl walking,"

Alexander paused for a second, apparently considering my request before shaking his head.

"As much as I love heathers, how the hell are we gonna do dead girl walking if we're both guys?"

After he'd finished, I proceeded to give him a look that screamed "are you serious bruh?" And said "you can be Veronica,"

"WHaT?! Oh hell no, I'm not dressing up in a school girl costume just so you can get a kick out of it," he said, a light pink colour dusting his cheeks.

"I bet you couldn't-"

"Ok FINE," he said loudly, settling down on the arm rest in apparent defeat.

"Ok," I began smugly, "since I'm clearly the better dancer here, I'll be doing the choreography while you can focus on vocal, now, sing the beginning!" I commanded, reminding myself of Mr Washington as I snapped my fingers at him.

Begrudgingly, he sat up higher in his seat and sang the beginning perfectly, his voice easily capturing all of Veronica's charm while still distinctly belonging to Alexander.

I allowed my mouth to hang open for some time, before I felt someone shove me In the side and I snapped out of my trance.

"Thomas, it's your bit," said Alexander, an adorable awkward smile plastered on his face.

I blushed.

This man will be the death of me.

Wait what.

Anyway, I tried my best to get through my part without any voice cracks, and we actually made it through pretty smoothly until we reached the...

You know...

Freaky bit.

It took me a while to come up with the choreography, but I was pleased with the finishing result and apparently so was Hamilton. Albeit he was blushing like a crazy person, but he still complemented me on my work.

And that's a win any day if you ask me.

However, when we got to the instrumental bit things got even more awkward as I found Hamilton lying under me with his hands pressed against my chest.

"U-um.." he stuttered, making me blush slightly.

"Just try not to think about it to much darling," i said without thinking, before clapping my hand to my mouth and giving a hasty apology.

"N-no, it's ok, it was actually kind of....cute," Alex said, and for some reason that made me smile.

Time skip to the end of the song.

Turns out the song was going way better then expected and we were flying through it with ease....That is until we got to the very last bit where Veronica has to sing that one high note.

"Listen, Alex...." I said, pausing the track, "you don't have to sing the high note if you don't want to, so just stay low in the last bit ok?"

He nodded hesitantly before restarting the track.

Love this dead girl-
Yeah, yeah, yeah-

"Ow!" I said as Alex pinched me slightly. I was all set to sing the final line when suddenly I heard-

"Yeahh!" Being Sung perfectly from my left and almost exactly like the original Veronica. It was Alex.

Stopping the track, he coughed slightly to get my attention before smiling awkwardly.

"So what do you thi-"

"HOW ARE SO GOOD?!" I screeched, which just caused him to blush as I began to pace the room.

"Oh shush, it was nothing really. Besides, you missed your line! Let's do it again," he said impatiently.

So we did.

In all truthfulness, it was more so I could listen to his voice on repeat then for the sake of practicing, and god was it beautiful. Angelic even. He showed such expression every time he sung, and when he smiled I couldn't help but follow suit.

And this I think, is what made me realise that I, Thomas Jefferson, was in-fact developing feelings for my former Enemy.

And boy did I love it.