Chapter 4: A New Friend

"I will," Thalia said taking the book.

Chapter 4: A New Friend

"Mom, you don't have to apologize, I know you wouldn't have done it if you had a choice." Percy said smiling at Hera.

Hera smiled at her adopted son. He was such a good kid despite all the terrible things that happened to him; exactly what she had always wanted in a son.

"How come I never knew you wanted a son?" Zeus said.

"You didn't ask," Hera replied.

"You did well in the meeting Percy. I don't think I've seen your uncle so relieved at finding a demigod in his life. I'm happy you're getting your own palace on Olympus. It will be good to have my son around more often." Hera said warmly.

Hera smiled. She was glad that Percy would eventually live closer to her.

"You do know that I will still be rescuing demigods, right?" Percy asked a little nervous.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean you can't spend a little time on Olympus with your mother now does it?" Hera asked.

"Lady Hera, I would appreciate it if you would let me do the reading," Thalia teased.

Hera nodded, "Yes but that doesn't mean you can't spend a little time on Olympus with your mother now does it?"

"I'll try," Hera laughed.

All of the gods except for Hestia all stared at Hera in shock. They had never heard Hera laugh for millennia.

Percy shook his head smiling, "No, I suppose it doesn't."

Percy looked a little nervously at Hera, "Are you ever going to tell anyone that you aren't my patron but that you actually adopted me?"

"Of course I am Percy. I don't care what your father says. You're just as much my son as his now; but you've just returned, at least to almost everyone on Olympus, I think a little time to let your return settle in will be best." Hera said smiling at her son.

"What about Uncle Zeus? What if he gets angry?" Percy asked curiously.

"Are you scared, dear nephew?" Zeus asked.

"Nope, just concerned for my mother," Percy replied.

"Good," Zeus said approvingly. "You know, Perseus, I just might approve of you."

Hera smiled at her husband.

Hera laughed, "And what will he say? He has had hundreds of demigods with other woman. I think I am more than justified to adopt a son."

Zeus looked at his wife feeling guilty. He would work on keeping himself in control in the future.

Percy grinned, "Good."

"So, do you want to tell me why you lied to Apollo about your archery competition with Artemis?" Hera asked with an eyebrow raised.

"What?!" Artemis yelled.

Percy just laughed. "Percy, I think you broke my mistress," Thalia whispered.

Percy looked over at the maiden goddess who was now frozen in shock. He just shrugged.

Percy gaped, "How did you know?"

Hera laughed, "I might not be able to read your mind anymore but I can still tell when you lie."

All of the mothers in the room grinned. They all had their motherly secrets. They could always tell when their children were lying without having to read their minds.