3. A drunk Peter

Short summary: Peter calls Tony from a party, sounding a bit unusual from his normal self.

Tony was in the lab, working on his newest modifications on a surprise Spider-Man suit for Peter till his birthday.

"Peter is calling you, Mr Stark." Fridays voice disturbed the silence that had laid itself across the room.

Tony put the glasses over his head and picked up the phone he had left under some papers.

"Peter?" Tony sounded surprised, it was 2:00 in the morning. He wouldn't have called if he wasn't on patrol, which means he either had gotten himself hurt or just needed help with something.

The loud noise made his hair stand up on his arms. His spidey senses was a complete mess up.
He felt like he had control, but that wasn't what it looked like.
He knew he had had too much, but after he started to feel only a little bit of the alcohol affecting his body, he just wanted more.
He felt so careless, like all of the weight he had pulled on his shoulders had just lifted from him.
All he wanted to do was not getting caught by Ned. He thought it was really fun seeing him running after, trying to reach him.

"Ey, the old n' mighty Mssr' Sterk," Peter yelled through the phone.
Tony got even more surprised. Had Peter, the purest and most responsible kid he knew, had too much to drink?

"Peter c'mon, look at yourself!" Ned yelled while trying to make his way across the filled room to Peter.

"He's coming for me... Coming for ME," Peter giggled and whispered into the phone: "He won't catch me when I crawl upon the wall!"

"Peter that's it. I'm coming to get you." Tony said. "Put Ned on the phone."

"Why you wan' ta'k to Ned?" Peter bumped into something, and Tony heard people yelling at him from the other side of the phone.
"Ouch.." He let out a small whine. Ned had pulled his way through the mass of teenagers and snatched the phone from Peters hand.

"Oh man. You're gonna get in so much trouble for this." He said and didn't think Tony would hear it.

"Hey, Mr Stark." Ned started. "Peters just tired, you know. He had a really long patrol last night and he's talking in his sleep again." Ned said while pulling Peter away from almost reaching his hand with the phone in.

"Nice try there, kid. Tell me where you are and I'll come pick you up." Tony said and smiled a little. Gosh, Peter had really grown on him.

"Alright, I mean, it was worth a try," Ned mumbled and continued: "We're at a house close to the school, pick us up by the school."

Tony was already on his way out from the tower when he got the location. He couldn't decide which car he liked less, so he took the one that was already a little dirty inside due to Peters other injuries and patrol wounds. He didn't want a drunk Peter to throw up in one of the newer cars.

When he pulled up by the empty school it was still dark outside, leaving Ned and Peter alone under the light of a street lamp.
They sat beside each other by the parking lot, Ned had his right hand on  Peters back, comforting him while it looked like he was crying.

Tony had never seen him drunk before. But he had never seen such a broken look on the kids face before either.

Tony walked out of the car and crutched down in front of Peter.
He smelled like vodka and vomit.
Tony did a look on his face like asking if he'd already thrown up, Ned nodded.
Peter sobbed and laid back on his back, putting his hands over his face.

"I'm okay, Mssr' Stark. No ne-" he sobbed again and continued: "no need to pick me up."

Tony didn't know what to do. He had never handled a drunk teenager before, nonetheless one that laid on his back in the parking lot and crying.

Ned shook his head. "You good?" He asked and dragged his hands on his jeans.

"Yeah, you want a ride home?" Tony asked.

"No, I'm okay. I still need to find Mj." Ned started walking back to where the loud music came from.

Peter just laid quiet on the parking lot, not moving a muscle.
"Hey spiderboy, don't you wanna lay on a bed or something instead?" Tony sat down beside Peter and spoke with a calm voice.

Peter shook his head. "Wanna be here."

"C'mon buddy, let me take you home and we can order some of that Thai food you like so much?"

Peter put his hands down against his body, with his eyes still closed. "M' tired, wn' sleep," he said and slowly drifted with the last words of the sentence.

Tony sighed and picked Peter up, holding him under the knees and arms.

He tucked him down in the front seat of the car and made the seat go down in a flatter position, like a bed.

He closed the door on Peters side and walked around the car and jumped into the drivers seat and took off to the tower.

He looked over at Peter every time they hit a red light. He slept like a baby. He couldn't help but smile at the adorable kid beside him, the one full of pure innocence and kindness - drunk!?! Hah, never would he have believed that.

When they finally got to the tower, Tony lifted him up as he did before and carried him to the elevator.

"Which floor, sir?" Friday asked in her calm voice.

"10th, all the way up." Tony answered, still carrying Peter.

The elevator doors opened up and Pepper sat on the couch in the living room.

"Wha-" She started but got interrupted by Tony hushing.
She smiled back and walked with him to Peters bedroom, Peter was so relaxed that one of his arms swinged as Tony walked and his head bouncing at his steps.

"He's fell asleep on the way." Tony whispered while putting him down on the bed.
Pepper took off Peters hoodie, leaving him with a t-shirt and sweatpants on.
The couple tucked Peter in the sheets.

"What did we do to deserve him?" Pepper asked in a whisper and Tony just smiled back and shook his head. He honestly didn't know.

As they stood and watched the sleeping teenager in the doorway they killed the lights and was about to close the door.

"Nighty, night. Sleep tight" Peter mumbled under his breath, eyes still closed.