5. Exposed to the Avengers

(This takes place after Civil War, only Tony knows Spider-Man's true identity.)

Short summary: Peter accidentally walks in on an avengers meeting...

Peter stepped into the elevator, excited to tell Tony his good news. Peters had gotten an A+ on his project that Tony helped him with last week.

"Which floor, Mr Parker?" Friday asked.

"All the way to the top!" Peter answered while balancing on his toes.

The elevator took off and Peter leaned onto the iron wall with his right shoulder.

It was a friday afternoon with rainy weather outside. Peter was going to spend the week at the tower while May was at a special work meeting in Washington.

The elevator doors opened and he started running his mouth, not paying any attention to whom it what was in the room in front of him.

"Hey Mr Stark," Peter walked into the kitchen, still not aware of his company, and placed a glass on the kitchen island.
"You know that project you helped me with?" He opened the fridge and took out the milk. "I got an A+!" He poured the milk into the glass and left his backpack on the chair by the island.
"I mean, of course I would get an A+, you helped me with it. I just wanted to thank you since you helped me,"
The silence in the room hadn't struck Peter till now.
He realized he had gotten no answer to his previous sentences.

The big table on the other side of the room was filled with Peters idols and hero's. They all looked at each other confused, then at Tony for an answer.

"Pete," Tony said and looked over to the boy who seemed like he'd seen a ghost. "I guess I don't have to present them for you." He continued.

"Oh-" Peter put the glass down on the island and dragged the milk away from under his nose with his left sleeve. "I'm so sorry, Mr Stark. I didn't know you had company-" Peter was taken. He had walked in on a meeting with the avengers, and not noticed while drinking milk? Was this a dream? Maybe it was a sick joke?

Steve looked suspiciously at Peter, then back at Tony.
"Who's this?" He asked and looked at Tony for an answer. Tony looked at Peter who looked back at Tony.

"I'm-" Peter didn't know what to answer, "Queens!" He realized Steve would be the only one to understand.

It took some time, but the expression written over Steve's face was one in a million. "You brought a kid to the fight?!" Steve yelled at Tony who put his face in his hands. Steve rose from his chair and put his hands up.
"I could've killed him!?" Everyone else around the table looked confused, they had no idea what was happening.
"I dropped an airport terminal on him!?"

"Actually.. I catched it bu-" Peter said in his defense but got interrupted by Tony.

"That's enough kid, just tell them." Tony looked disappointed, not in Peter but in the fact that the cover that they tried so hard to keep had just blown in their faces. Both Peter and Tony knew it would happen one way or another.

Everyone stared back at Peter, standing by the kitchen island, still beside his glass of milk.

"Hi.. Um.. I'm Peter, Peter Parker."

No response came from anyone. Peter didn't like being the elephant in the room. Tony sighed and continued:
"Pete, they clearly don't understand."
Peter knew now what he meant.

"Oh!" His eyes started to lit up in red, "I'm.. I'm Spider-Man..."

Steve still looked madly at Tony. Sam looked like Bucky, offended that a kid had taken them down. Wanda and Clint looked so guilty, had they tried taking down a kid? Natasha and Bruce didn't look as surprised, as everyone else noticed.

Peter liked seeing everyone surprised. Although, Natasha and Bruce already knew since one time that Peter had gotten injured and Bruce and Natasha had helped Tony getting him to the mad bay.

"How old are you, anyway?" Steve asked and crossed his arms. Everyone looked back at Peter again.

"Fift-" Peter cleared his voice and tried not to sound as childish: "Fifteen."

"Ah man, just great."

"Seriously Tony? Fifteen?"

"We could've killed him!"

Comments directed at Tony about Peter made him feel like he was invisible. Tony didn't answer any questions or comments and still had his hands on his face. Gosh, this was such a mess.

"Hey guys! I'm still here." Peter tried in attempt to silence all the sighs and disappointed comments.

Tony shut them all up: "If it came to it, you'd be the one on the ground, not Peter." He yelled and pointed his arm at Peter who nodded quickly.

I know, this suuuucked but I seriously don't have anything to do with my life soo..