Chaper 1

'Agh why did I have to come today? I hate school.' I ask myself walking to my first class. History.

"What's up beautiful?" Oh good a friend. Tim Alburm, he's had my friend since second grade. Now in tenth grade he has always been in my courner.

"Hi Tim, how's it going?" I ask letting a fake smile cross my face.

He shoves his hands on his pockets he lets out a sigh. "Tired, not feeling great, how are you?"

"I'm good, what's wrong with you? Are you alright?"

"Oh yeah, just another one of my killer headaches." His hand comes up to his head rubbing his forehead. "Nothing to worry about. What class do you have first today?"

"History." I walk up to my locker and unlocking it and throwing my back pack inside. "How about you?" I ask grabbing my notebook and pencil.

"Math." He says causally.

"Agh poor you. My rule, no math before 10:00."

He scoffs. "I don't have that rule." He says crossing his arms in front of himself.

" That's because you've always liked math, for some weird reason." I shut my locker and put the lock back onto it making sure it's shut and turning to him.

"Well that's only because I like helping you with your math." He smirks.

"Oh shut up." I pull a bottle of Advil out of my pocket and toss it to him. "Here, that should help."

He opens the bottle and takes two pills and pops them into his mouth. Swallowing the pills he smiles. "Thanks."

I don't get a chance to answer before the bell signaling first quarter rings. "Well gotta go, see ya later?"

"Uh, yeah in fact Ms.Brooks is taking some kids on a walk this afternoon. Wanna come with me?"

I think for a moment. "Why not, when and where do we meet?"

"In the front of the school right after lunch."

"Okay thanks, see you there."

The rest of the mourning seemed to take an eternity every word seemed to take forever to finish, every mark on the whiteboard seemed to be miles long.

Once the bell rang for lunch I quickly grabbed my stuff and headed for the cafeteria. Only to be stopped in the hallway by a sudden voice.

"Hey Lexi," Oh great the worlds most annoying person in the world, Jeff Larson, one of the many boys that have a crush on me. I turn towards him, as one if the bad boys of the school of course he has his whole gang behind him. "What ya doin' after lunch?"

"Going on a walk, if you must know." I say angrily. I try to walk passed him but am abruptly stopped when he grabs my arm and pins me to the wall.

"I'll happily come and keep you company, why don't we go together?" He says agents me neck.

"Sorry but I'm going with Tim." I push him off of me escaping the wall. his back hits the wall from the force of me pushing him away. I walk away quickly as he shouts after me.

"I'll get you to say yes sometime." he shouts in a sing song voice. 'Yeah right.' I think to myself, almost jogging I reach the cafeteria. When I enter the cafeteria I see Tim standing in line staring off into space.

"Hi." I say stepping up to him.

"Hi, how was class?" He asks wrapping his arm around my shoulders witch he always dose, and always makes me feel safe.

"Long, how was yours?"

"My class was great Lexi, thanks for asking." I find myself ripped out of Tim's grip, I turn to see Jeff grabbing me by my upper arms.

Instantly I am pulled back, once I figure out what's going on I see Tim lifting Jeff of of the ground by the scruff of his shirt. Muscles flex in his arms as he pushes Jeff a away.

"I'll tell you this once more. Leave. Her. Alone." In the past we told Jeff and his gang that Tim was my over protective brother, ( witch we always thought of each other as.) "Now get out of here." Tim shoves Jeff away from us and turns toward me grasping my arms. "Are you alright?" He asks looking at me intently.

" I'm fine." I smile at him calmly. After eating lunch quietly we head to the front of the school for the walk. Ms.Brooks counts everyone off before me, then looks at me directly.

"Lexi, your needed in the office." Ms.Brooks gestures to the front doors go the school.

I turn to Tim giving him a sad smile. "Sorry Tim, next time." I walk through the front doors of the school grumbling to myself.

'Great now I've been sent to the office, I didn't do anything! Worst day ever!' I think outside the office door. Taking a deep breath I open the door and walk inside.

"What ever it is, I didn't do it. I swear." I hold my hands showing that I'm inccent.

"Ms.Stevenson your not in trouble," He gestures towered one of the chairs, I
look over to see a young man sitting there no older then 18. "This is Logan Harnen, he's new here. I'd like you to show him around."

Logan turns to me stating at me as I look at him. He is well muscled, with brown hair, blue eyes and SO handsome. 'Best day ever!'