Chapter 3

With the man now staring at Logan I take a step backward.

"Your not going anywhere." His eyes suddenly turn to me, cold and emotionless.

" Do you trust me Lexi?" Logan keeps his eyes on the man as he speaks to me.

"What?" I ask flusterdly.

"Do you trust me?" He asks me with an edge on his voice.

I can't help but think for a moment, I had just met him. Bet I did have my first kiss with him a few minuets ago, and he did save me from Jeff and his gang. "Yes." I say quietly, a little more then a whisper.

"Good." He turn quickly to me and picked me up like a rag doll! With his legs he shoots off of the ground and in the same instant I hear the sound of fabric ripping. I grasp tightly onto him as I see we keep rising higher and higher in the air. With the strange winged man following close behind.

When I look at Logan I do not see the Logan I saw before, this one has black hair and black wings flapping up and down. Icy fear grips my whole body as I try to get away from him.

"Let me go!" I order as I push on his chest trying to push him away. The whole world goes black, in fright I grip onto him again. When we come into light again I look down to see a square building with a square yard in the middle on an island with a forest around it. He lands in the large yard and sets me down, I eagerly push away from him. Stepping back a few paces giving myself space from him.

"Lexi, I'm so sorry. I should have told you, I just-" He stops and lets out a deep sigh. "I didn't want to frighten you, and now I am. I told you I was a monster." He looks down at the ground shaking his head.

A wave of sadness and loneliness washes over me. I rush up to and cup his face in my hands. "Logan Harnen, you are not a monster. You are who you are, you didn't ask for this to happen. I'm sorry for acting the way I did." I speak and act without thinking, when I realize what I did I gasp softly. Smiling he at me and grabs my waist and captures my lips with his. I kiss him back eagerly and with as much passion, I open my mouth giving him an invitation. His tongue instantly takes over my mouth and angle my head giving him more access and he greedily presses his mouth harder into mine. I wrap my arms around his neck as I feel his wings come around me, I reach out my fingers and touch his soft feathers. I moan as he pulls me harder into him. Someone clears their throat drawing us out of our passionate state, I pull away from him my cheeks heating up and turning five shades of red.

"Are you going to tell the big man, or should I?" A young man around my age asks. "You know your not supposed to bring morels here."

Logan sighs and nods his head. "I know Darien, I didn't have a choice. He would have killed her."

The young man named Darien gasps. "Creed? He's back?" Logan nods. "We have to go see father. Now." Darien looks at me. "I think we should bring her too." He says and turns to a door leading inside. We follow right behind only then did I notice the young man also had wings and that he said father.

Butterfly's fluttered in my stomach when we were lead to a large room with one man inside. "Sir, I brought Logan."

The man also had wings and was busying himself with sorting books. "Very good, you may leave." The young man bowed and quickly left the room. "You have betrayed our law," The man turned to us. Logan instantly fell down to one knee, his head bowed deeply. "Bringing her here has cost some trouble."

"Yes father, I know." Logan said simply.

The man (Logan's father) pulled a knife from his belt and held it out for Logan to see. "You know the punishment?"