- 2 -

Amanda woke up to a sudden pain in her lungs and stomach, as if a rosebush had grown overnight in her body and was jabbing thorns into her flesh. She felt a thick liquid run down her face, smelling of ink. No, no, it can't be what I think it is. That's only fictional...

She was clearly lying to herself, as she turned over and vomited a black substance into her trashcan. She froze and began shivering. Please excuse my use of slang, but she was shook. She held in a wail of agony, not wanting to be a burden to her family. She knew she wouldn't survive, as the cure was in another universe, and there's no possible way to go there. Tears ran down her face, mixing with the ink. It wasn't so bad yet, but this was only the beginning.

-----------------

After the pain receded and the ink cleaned itself, she went downstairs for breakfast. Amanda was silent all the way through the meal, and her older brother got suspicious. She finished her meal and stood up, going outside. She sat down at her hideout and prayed, prayed to whoever was up above them all, to give her a way to reach the cure. She eventually gave up hope and went home.

That night, a strange dream invaded her thoughts. "You will be able to travel the multiverse," a cloaked woman said to her, a background of stars behind them. "The only limits are that it takes a week to recharge the magic, and you can't control where you go. Use this power wisely."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I apologize for little dialogue and short chapter (again). I have a little problem with writer's block...