Chapter 5

Charlie's POV:

What smells nice? It smells like vanilla. I pulled the blanket up to my neck, and went back to sleep.

Wait?? What time is it? And why is there a blanket on me? I don't remember sleeping with a blanket. Heck I don't remember sleeping.

I looked around my surrounding. Oh yeah, I was studying, probably fell asleep. But the blanket I still don't remember. What time is it? I looked at the clock. It was only 5.30 am. Way too early to get up. My class doesn't start til' 8. I tried to go back to sleep. I keep tossing over. Nope can't sleep anymore. Last night I must've fallen asleep at around 8.

I got up and went to the kitchen to get some water. Then I went back to sit in the couch. I revise my papers for about an hour , then I went to go to my room to pick out my clothes to wear today. I'm not good at picking clothes so I just grabbed the one on the top and head for the showers.

After that I still have like almost an hour before having to go. And I have no idea what to do.

Then I look at the blanket on the couch. I don't remember having a blanket like that. It must've been Mayleen's. I fold the blanket neatly, and set it on the coffee table. I put all my papers and textbook in my bag. Then look up at the clock again 6.40. Still too early to make breakfast.

I went to look outside the window and spot Brittany on her treadmill. She was listening to music and looking at the TV. I went to the balcony and tried to scream to her while waving my hands. She didn't see or hear me. The only person who did is an old lady next door, who was also on her balcony drinking tea, and reading the newspaper. She just quietly looked at me. Awkward. I smiled then went in.

I've been here for almost two weeks now and Brittany still doesn't know I'm here. But then if I think about it, maybe that's a good thing? Maybe I can just see what she's doing for a while, so I know when is a good time to actually talk to her. I won't be stalking or anything, just... observing. Seeing how she's doing.

*********************************************

Mayleen's POV:

Mmm.. I groaned. What time is it. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Sophie still fast asleep. I turned to look at my bedside clock. It was 6.50. I guess I got to get up, don't want to be late again. I stretched and got up carefully and quietly, not wanting to wake Sophie up. I grabbed a pair of under wears, dark blue jeans and a light brown sweater. Then got out.

"Hey sleepy head I made breakfast. Waffles sounds good?" He said while flipping the waffles. "Homemade." He smiled.

"Sounds delicious, thanks." I said giving him a thankful smile before going in the bathroom.

With the weather and all, I really don't feel like going to work today. Its almost 7 but it still looks like dawn. I just want to stay under my blankets, just like Sophie. That lucky cat. Its ok Mayleen, pull yourself together, just one more day, then tomorrow laze away all you like. I smiled at the thought. When I got out of the bathroom, I was greeted by the smell of waffles. Damn it smells good. What is the guy's secret? How was he able to cook waffles from scratch?!

"Grab a seat. The waffles are coming." He put two pieces of waffles on my plate. Then gave a little butter on top. "Maple syrup? Strawberry syrup, or plain?" He offered.

"Maple please." I asked. He poured maple syrup on my waffles and told me to enjoy. Then he went back to make some for himself.

After breakfast he drove me to work before asking if I want to be picked up later. I told him he doesn't have to. He nodded and waved as he drove off.

******

"Ooh your boyfriend?" Elizabeth just popped out of nowhere when I got in.

"Haha no my ro-, a friend of mine." I can't tell her too much about me, I don't know her that well.

"Oh, well got to get back to work, this restaraunt doesn't run itself you know." She smiled before going back to taking orders.

I was about to enter the staff room when there was a guy standing by the cashier waiting. Where is the cashier? I can't let the customer wait.

"Hi sorry for taking so long, how may I help you?" I asked smiling. Rule number one, be nice to customers.

"Its ok." He chuckled. He just stared at me for a while. Ok this is getting weird. Why is he just standing there.

"Emm.. Sir?" I asked again.

"Oh yes sorry. One hazelnut hot coffee please." He said smiling.

"Ok your order is coming right up." I went to the kitchen and made the coffee.

"Here you go sir, that would be $4.35." I said giving him his coffee and opening the cash register.

"Here. Keep the change." He smiled again before leaving. $6. That was nice of him.

"What are you doing in my place?" The blonde snapped. Well excuse me for covering for you. I think her name is Linda or something.

"Sorry?" I said not wanting to make trouble.

"Yeah you better be, now move." She pushed me to the side .

Gee your welcome. I went to put on my uniform and went to take orders.

********************************************

Charlie's POV:

"Where were you?" I asked Dave as he sat next to me.

"Uhh woke up late." He said. Good thing he was on time, Mr. Zeer is giving the tests out.

"You studied?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah." He asked looking like something is bothering him.

"You ok man?" I asked concered for my best friend.

"Yeah." He looked at me giving me a 'see I'm fine smile'. I'm not buying it. Something is wrong with him and I'm going to find out what.

********

"How did you do on the test?" I asked Dave as we walked out of class.

"Ok I think?" He shrugged.

"Ok? I thought you studied, it should've been easy." Unless he wasn't really studying...

"Yeah what I meant to say is I totally aced it." Something's bothering him.

"Hey man you sure you okay?" I asked again.

"Dude I am fine, I'll tell you when there is actually something wrong with me." He laughed. "Now let's go eat I'm starving, and we still have like 40 more minutes til' next class." He said putting his arm around my neck.

"Oh I know a good place we can go to, I haven't eaten there in months. Its only 5 minutes from here. Come on, I'll race you to my car." He said as he raced to his car.

"Ok first of all I thought we're using my car this time , and second, not fair you got a head start!" I yelled after him. We ran to his car laughing.