Chapter 32

Mayleen's POV:

"I can't believe today is the last day of 2014." I said. It was like every other morning. Me eating, and Charlie cooking.

"I know right. And we've been friends for almost a year." He said.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I moved in around January."

"Oh yeah right."

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. "Open up, its me Elizabeth."

I went to open the door. "Hey, come on in."

"You want some pancakes?" Charlie asked.

"No thanks." Elizabeth said taking a sit.

"Orang juice?" I offered.

"Ok that's fine. Hey guess what." She said. She sound excited.

"What?" I asked.

"I got promoted!! You're looking at the new manager of Mr. Steer." She said looking proud.

Charlie and I praised her.

"Wow its not even New Years and you're already promoted." Charlie said.

"I know right." She said.

"Hey you guys are coming to my school's New Years party right?" Charlie asked us.

Elizabeth and I looked at each other then at him. "We don't know." We said at the same time.

"Why not? Come on. Not many people will be there. Just the seniors. You know, people that I know."

"We'll see." Elizabeth said taking a sip of the orange juice.

Then there was another knock on the door. We all pretty much know who it was.

"Come on in the doors not locked." Charlie said.

"Hey." Brandon said coming in. "Ok I'm going to bring this hot chick tonight for the New Years Eve party."

"That's great." We all agreed.

"It is. But there's just one problem. She would only go out with me if I was a doctor. So if she asked tonight, you guys have to back me up. Ok?"

"But aren't you a little too young to be a doctor?" I asked.

"I sort of told her I was 30." He shrugged.

Elizabeth snorted. "And she bought that?"

"Yeah."

"I don't think you need our back up at all." She said. All three of us laughed, except Brandon.

"Hey she's smart ok. I just don't know in what." Brandon said. That made us laugh even more.

"Ok we'll stop laughing." I said. Brandon doesn't look too happy. We three tried, but some laughter still escaped our mouths.

"But only students, teachers, and their guests are invited. Making you not on the list Dr. Deveroux" I asked.

"I told her I had went to school there, and now I'm the doctor who knows the teachers there. And they invited me."

"And she believed ALL that?" Elizabeth asked.

"Yeah."

"She is so smart." Elizabeth said, sarcastically.

Brandon took some pancakes, and ate it using his hands.

"Brandon." Charlie scolded. Brandon just shrugged. After he finished his pancakes. He took a glass, and was about to pour some orange juice in, when he stopped. He examined the glass.