Family and awkward dinners

The dinning hall was a big room with a large table and chairs around it. 'Man this place needs some color' I sit down between pidge and Keith. Hunk had walked into another room, my guess the kitchen. He came out with bowls full of...goo?

Huck placed a bowl in front of me "Thanks" I smiled, Huck smiled too and passed out the goo to everyone. As everyone dug in as I look unsure.

"Don't worry its better than it looks," Pidge said. Looking at her I raise an eyebrow. "Trust me." She put a spoonful in her mouth. Taking a small amount, I put the spoon in my mouth. It didn't taste like much but it was good.

"It kinda has the texture of jello and applesauce but put together." I say eating more.

"I see what you mean..." Hunk said looking at the goo, bewildered.

Silence falls in the room, the only sound of spoons hitting bowls. Its a little awkward or...at least for me, but it makes sense.

Just as we were all finishing up, Allura pips up.

"So, Y/n...what do you think of the castle so far?" She asks

Looking up from the goo I respond, "oh uh, Good I guess? That bath was really nice and thank you for the clothes." I smile

"Its no problem. I didn't want you stuck in those furs and I wasn't quite sure if you liked dress. They were all old ones I never wear but I see you found somthing to your liking." She smile back

"Yea it looks good on you!" Lance said

"We haven't known you long but it suits you." Shiro said with a small smile

"T-thanks..." I look to the side feeling the back of my neck heat up.

"As for the castle itself, its beautiful and HUGE. Like how can you navigate around with out getting turned around??" I ask confused

"You get used to it eventually." Coran said with a shrug

"Why? Did you get lost or somthing on the way to dinner?" Pidge smirked

"WHAT NO I, Totally didnt get lost on the way here....!" My voice lowers as I slowly sink into the chair.

Everyone laughs, my face becoming a deep shade of red. Crossing my arm grumpily I sink down further.

"Aww~ Y/n is blushing" Lance cooded at me chuckling more.

Glaring I grab my spon and scope up whatever remains in my bowl and aim for lance.

"Hey lance." I pull back the spoon and once he looks at me I let the top of the spoon fly. Lanching the goo dead center of his face.

Openimg his eyes he stairs shocked.

"Aww~ look lance has goo on his face" I coo to him.

Once again everyone laughs. Lance wips the goo away clearly red underneath.

"OK ok haha very funny." he smiles but is still annoyed.

One by one we all got up, pushing in chairs and heading for the door. I gather and stack the empty blows making sure to put the spoons in the top bowl.

"You don't have to do that y/n it's my night to clean up." A hand reaches for the bowl in front of me.

I look over and see Shiro, I smile "You've all done a lot for me and I've only know y'all a few hours this is the least I can do."

"Well its still my turn to clean."

"Well how about I help huh?" I grab the bowl from his hand and walk over to the kitchen.