Why Can't We Find Her

(Tony's P.O.V)

I had stayed up all night, to Pepper's dismay. I searched Pandora Logan on Jarvis's InterBase. Nothing! Nodda! This brat seems to not exist. I even tried looking for her with the DNA samples we have and still, nothing shows up. I decided to check up on her.

"Hey, Jarvis show me what's currently going on in the brat's room," I commanded. A video popped up. Her cries were so silent, that I at first thought she was fine. I groaned. She was so broken, and we definitely weren't helping.

"You find anything yet Tony?" Steve yawned as he walked in with two cups of coffee. I took one from him.

"Nope, it's like she doesn't exist," I said with a groan, "Anyway, why are you up this early?"

Steve gave a tired response,"Couldn't sleep. It's just something about that kid reminds me of an old friend." I nodded, knowing who he was talking about. "So what's the kid up to?" he asked.

"Crying," I responded nonchalantly.

"I'm going to go get the kid; see if she wants to do anything," Steve said as he walked out of the room.

(Pandora's P.O.V)

I heard a knock on the door. I quickly wiped my tears away.

"What?" I asked.

"It's me, Steve. I was wondering if you wanted to do anything," he said. The door opened. There was something I wanted to do. My dad had places where he stored stuff around New York. Stuff for me and him. I knew where one was and it had a certain stuffy that I currently need.

"Actually, yeah. I need to find something. It's in this small bakery down by my old apartment complex," I said. Steve nodded.

"How about you go steal Tony's wallet and then we can also buy you new clothes?" He asked. My eyes gleamed. I so needed to steal. He told me the location of said wallet and I went to the lounge. Man, why was Tony Stark considered a genius? I grabbed it off of the marble counter. Then, Steve and I went out. We also took one of Tony's cars. Hehe.

We passed my apartment complex. There were now workers picking up the rubble. I didn't mind, however. The sign said they were going to make a park dedicated to the people who died at the complex. I told Steve to stop in front of the bakery. I walked in. All the workers knew who I was.

"Hey kiddo, haven't seen you in a long time. Are you looking for home?" Calvin asked. He must've been 22 now. He was giving me the code for if I was looking for the bag.

"As long as I have my name, I am home," I responded. He led me to the back, not letting Steve come with. I saw it. It was covered in dust. We packed them and hid them when I was five. I hugged it to my chest, then coughed.

"So, who was that guy with you? Did they finally find you new parents?" He asked.

"No, that guy's Captain America. They're kinda keeping me as a prisoner for confidential reasons," I responded. His jaw dropped. Then he saw how distressed I was. He hugged me. When I was little, I always said that Calvin and I would get married. He was a teenager and my dad said that he could marry me, only if he got a lifetime supply of plum muffins.

"You want a plum muffin? It's on the house," Calvin said. I nodded. He handed me one.

...

"Thanks, Calvin!" I yelled as I walked out of the door with Steve.

"So, some shield agents are going to have to inspect that bag when we get back to the tower." You can take some stuff out and leave them in here, then come back for them later if they're personal," he said. I sat in the back with my dust covered bag.

"Okay, but nobody can look back here," I said. I unpacked my bag. It had oil for dad's arm, a baby blanket, a gun, a pocket knife, a photo album Miss Abbott made for us and my Captain America stuffy. Also, there were canned plums. Steve only saw the gun and immediately grabbed it and put it in the front. "I wasn't going to use it!" I yelled in frustration.

"You still shouldn't have it!" he yelled back. I took out the stuffy and squeezed it to my chest.

I put it down next to me.

...

We shopped around with Tony's money, but Steve kept looking at me randomly in awe. It was kinda weird. It was like he was reminiscing off of the past.