An Unexpected Outburst

(Steve's P.O.V)

I didn't know what was going on. She unexpectedly asked to go back to the tower which was odd.

"Dad!" she yelled as she passed out and a rainbow light filled the mall, nearly knocking me off of my feet.

As I was being slowed down by a rainbow light, I made my way over to her. She was panting and coughing.

"You've got to wake up," I said. Then suddenly, three faces seemed to project from Pandora's mind. Two boys and one girl.

"The Pandorica is opening and it needs to be stopped!" the girl said.

"Do not be fooled. The powers of the Pandorica may look beautiful now, but soon they will be even more powerful and even more dangerous!" A boy with glasses said.

"Please, FIND US!" a boy with a beanie said.

She started cooling down, but she didn't wake up. The light went away eventually. As soon as I reached the door, I was met with many shield agents, including Phil Coulson.

"You and the Avengers have a lot of explaining to do," he said sternly, "Simons, Fitz, take the kid in the bus." I handed Pandora to the one I assumed was Fitz and headed into the bus with Phil.

...

"Why didn't you tell Shield?" Phil asked. We were now with the rest of the Avengers. We all shrugged. Honestly, we never thought to tell Shield that we had taken Pandora in.

"Listen, the kid was obviously dangerous and she's stolen most of our wallets, so I took her back here," Tony spoke up.

"Do you know if she has any family left?" Phil asked.

"No," Bruce said, "We've searched for hours, but we can't even find her. No school records, no permanent record, no anything."

"Well, we'll take Pandora from here on out," he said.

"No," I said. I didn't want her to leave yet. "She's staying here. She's an Avenger whether she likes it or not." The rest of them nodded.

"Fine, she can stay here, but you have to give me updates on her and we'll have someone come to check on her once a month," Phil said.

...

"Steve?" I heard a quiet voice ask. It was Pandora wrapped in a tattered baby blanket.

"Hey, I thought you were locked in your room," I said.

"I gave Jarvis all of the evidence why I should be let out and so, he did," she said with a yawn slowly following after, "You going to escort me back to my cell now?"

"Nah, it's not fair to you now that you're classified as an Avenger," I said. Her face went from tired to tiredly confused.

"What do you mean?" she asked. I explained to her how to keep her here she had to be classified as an Avenger. She nodded. "Don't tell anybody else but..."

She showed me what was supposed to be the outside of the baby blanket and it was us!

"Don't worry, I won't tell," I said, chuckling a little.

"I also have another secret I think you should know, but nobody can know," she said in a whisper. I nodded and put my head closer to her cupped hands that were over her mouth. "You know the friend you talked about?" I nodded. Where was she going with this? "He was my dad."

Without even saying a word, I hugged her. She hugged back. Tears were welling up in my eyes. I had basically a niece!

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you," she said into my shoulder.

"It's okay. I promise I'll protect you in place of Bucky," I said.