CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Aniya and her siblings were all on the ground surrounded by her old drawings, and the new ones that were in books on their crossed legs

"What did I say about Sam and Emily?" Aniya asked pointing to the first couple and her brother went to explain

"Well, you said that Sam fella, was engaged before he got with Emily. You always sounded pretty bitter when you mentioned it. Apparently, Sam left his fiancé for Emily who was his ex-fiancé's cousin"

"Okay," She said slowly," Okay what about Juliet and Embry?"

"This one was a modern-day Romeo and Juliet, but also a taste of Grease" Anthea chuckled," Juliet and that boy met in summer and had the whole summer romance, but Juliet was only there for summer, so it ended on a sad note"

Aniya smiled," But they met each other a few years later"

Aaron grinned," Oh so that one has an ending! Nice, I been pretty much left on the end of being sad about their story. So, they are together now?"

"Yeah, they started dating a few months ago, but I know they'll be together for a long time" Aniya's chest hurt as she thought about Juliet and how she wasn't on good terms with her.

Aniya then asked about the other couples, and her siblings told her about each of them. She gripped the final paper that had her and Jacob," What did I say about me and him?"

Aaron frowned," That one always changed, but each of them ended the same" Aniya noticed how dark his voice went and how Anthea's eyes looked sad.

"How did it end?" She asked slowly as she watched her siblings fall silent and share looks.

"One of you dying," Anthea said in barely a whisper as her voice cracked at the words. Sure, it was just a story their five-year-old sister told, but since they now know that it's Aniya in the drawing, it all took a dark turn.

Their own sister had been telling them a story that ended with her death.

"Just like my dreams" She mumbled to herself that went unheard by her siblings.

Aaron opened the sketchbook that had the wolves and then he chuckled," You know" He said raising the book showing his sisters.

"These wolves remind me of the ones Mom and Dad told us; do you remember the stories, Thea?"

"Mom and Dad?" Aniya asked as her siblings both had a smile that seemed almost nostalgic

"Yeah, when we used to live in the Rez, back when you were only three"

"Wait!" Aniya shouted making her siblings flinch," You said we lived here in the Rez before?!"

Anthea nodded," Of course, why do you think we are allowed to live here in the first place. They don't just let outsiders live here, Dad was born here"

"I know it's hard for you both, but can you tell me about Mom and Dad?" Aniya asked as her siblings looked at her surprised.

"Of course we can, you know I always waited for you to ask" Anthea smiled and Aaron followed.