CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

After Edward had somehow convinced Jacob on agreeing to help, he had shared the last he heard from Aniya after she stopped responding to him

After Edward had somehow convinced Jacob on agreeing to help, he had shared the last he heard from Aniya after she stopped responding to him. It was like she cut off the connection, so all he could hear now was a low static and nothing more.

"She said there are countless doors?" Embry asked still leaning on the wall, while Jacob was sitting on the side of the bed holding her hand.

"Yes, she said it stopped for a few years," Edward said from across the room with Bella standing next to him awkwardly. She kept glancing at Jacob holding Aniya's hand, and it went noticed by Embry.

After a moment, she dismissed herself from the room walking out to get a breath of fresh air. Once she stepped out, she nearly jumped out of her skin at Leah who was leaning on the tree across from the house.

She gulped and waved which made Leah scoff rolling her eyes but Bella didn't give up and spoke meekly," I know you don't like me-"

Leah let out a bitter laugh," Oh we are far from that, I think the word hate? Or maybe despise is more fitting"

"Right" Bella coughed as she grabbed one her arm rubbing it," I've been pretty shitty"

"Shitty? No that's not even close to it, but I give you credit for admitting it. You know, maybe I don't know much about what happened since I didn't come into the picture until a little later, but after hearing Jacob's thoughts, I feel like I know you enough to say I absolutely despise you"

"Is it because of the Cullens?" Bella asked and Leah looked at her like she was an idiot.

"That's not even most of it Swan, it's only natural we hate their kind, but that's not what makes me despise you. It's you who continues to associate with the leeches when it puts your father in danger. I don't give a rat's ass about your safety since you have done nothing but prove that you don't even cherish it enough. You are human, for god sakes Swan, I'd do anything to go back to my normal life. But I can't because I change into a large ass wolf"

"You have no idea how hard it is to be near your ex almost every single day of your life. I could have left this town but no because you kept playing Snow White with the leeches, you caused half of the pack to all to lose their normal lives. Some of them act as they enjoy it, but no Swan, there is nothing enjoyable about watching someone who could have a life for what it's worth then wasting it. You had a choice to just walk away from it, to stop all of this. You still do, but clearly, you made your choice, so give Jacob his. Stop stringing him along because you are not only dragging him down you are bringing all of us down as well"

Bella kept silent and it was not only her that heard it, but everyone in the house had as well. Edward would have gone out to her defence, but the words Leah had said was nothing but the cold hard truth.