Chapter 12 Fugitives

(E/C) = Eye Color

Everyone was gathered in a room, what ever department they worked in, what ever their skill was, any and all S.H.I.E.L.D agents were there. Standing in the main operations room as a man stood on what looked almost like a stage with a large screen behind them.

"Eyes here" the new man said pointing at the screen behind him for a moment with a picture of you and Steve in the mist of your escape after what had been 15 minutes ago. "Whatever your op is, bury it. This is Level One. Contact DOT. All traffic lights in the district go red. Shut all runways at BWI, IAD and Reagan. All security cameras in the city go through this monitor, right here. Scan all open sources. Phones, computers, PDAs, whatever. If someone tweets about these two I want to know about it." His tone was rough almost like he didn't want to be here as his eyes fixated themselves around the room.

"Sitwell sir" Sharon suddenly spoke up taking a brave step forward as she looked up at Sitwell. "With all due respect, if S.H.I.E.L.D is conducting a man hunt for both captain America and (Y/N) Stark, we deserve to know why" she looked up with a narrowed gaze finding it hard to believe any reason for Steve and you to do anything so wrong with in the law, you seemed to nice and Steve she knew he was nice and always out to do what's right.

"Because they lied to us" suddenly pierce enters the room causing all eyes to be on him as he continues to speak. "Captain Rogers and (Y/N) Stark have information regarding the death of Director Fury, and they refused to share it. As difficult as this is to accept, Captain America and (Y/N) Stark are fugitives from S.H.I.E.L.D"
_______________________

Honestly being away from people was great, well better than great after what had just happened you didn't want to run into anyone, which was why you took the back roads Steve informed you about. You had to be quick though, this would be the first place they'd all come to get you both and you didn't want to stick around for that. Hurriedly you both entered the apartment complex from the back taking the elevator up before finally reaching your floor.

"I know I said I would say it but now i don't think I wanna" you breathed out looking at Steve as he gave you a confused look. Well? Why not. "I told you so" you flashed him a smile and he couldn't help but laugh a little shaking his head as he sighed.

"Yeah...yeah I guess you did" he muttered as you both walked the hall before he stopped as you both reached your apartments, well yours was more of a hotel room really. "Hey, look...I'm sorry for dragging you into this, you know we're both technically fugitives now, they'll be coming for us, theyll probably keep tabs on your brother too" Steve gently grasped your shoulders as you gazed at him with a heavy beating heart for a moment staring into those wonderful blue eyes of his until snapping out of it, honestly? You didn't mind being a fugitive, if Steve was with you, after all this you had the confidence to say you were both friends.

"I know, but it's not your fault, besides" you lightly put your hands over his from where they sat on your shoulders taking them off with a gentle squeeze. "Who better than to face the world with? We're friends now yeah? I got your back you got mine" you breathed out softly causing Steve to smile.

"Yeah...yeah we're friends" Steve flashed you a smile that got even wider before softly letting you pull your hands away. "We've got a bout ten minutes before this whole place is surrounded by agents grab what you need and meet back out here in the hall in five minutes" Steve instructed causing you to nod now as he retreated to his apartment letting you hastily open the door to yours. You changed into the most inconspicuous and most unnoticeable outfit you had before stuffing as many essentials as you could into your bag. You debated about bringing your phone before turning it off, with the intention of using it for emergencies, after all if it was one they'd be able to track you you're sure of it. Grabbing everything you needed you sling a backpack onto your back knowing you'd have to dump this stuff somewhere, but then again with all the money you still had if you took out from the bank you'd probably be able to stay at a hotel for a while, depends though you guess. Making one last stop you grabbed (B/F/F/J) from the side of the sink counter before taking that step into the hall. You were about to go check on Steve in his apartment before stopping turning to see your body guard standing at the end of the hallway. Shit.