Chapter 4: The Mad Genius of Omashu (Rewrite)

*Hey, everybody. Sorry for taking so long to finish this rewrite of Chapter 4, but I've managed to finish it. This chapter features Goku and Aang's encounter with a younger version of Bumi, so I hope you enjoy it.

By morning, Goku and Aang got straight to work patching up the hole in the Council Hall's wall. Most of the larger pieces were kept intact, so all they needed to do was pick them up and drop each one back into place. This wasn't much of an issue for Goku due to his superhuman strength, but Aang was another story.

As promised last night, Goku decided to tie down some weights to Aang's arms and legs. There wasn't really a turtle shell he could use, however, so small rocks were used as a substitute for training purposes.

The poor airbender didn't see how this had anything to do with using ki, or chi. All he could feel was his back breaking under the pressure of each piece he tried and failed to pick up.

"Erggh! C-Come on..." Aang groaned. He attempted to push one of the wall's pieces over, but it just wouldn't budge. "Aw man! Are you sure this "weight training" is helping, Goku?"

Said monkey-tailed fighter effortlessly scooped up a large stone and gently set it down in the hole. He then nodded his head. "Yep, I'm positive. Doing stuff with extra weight can help enhance your strength and agility. It's part of the reason why I'm able to move so fast."

The monk struggled to move his arm up. "I get that, but couldn't we use anything else other than rocks?"

Goku shrugged his shoulders. "They were the heaviest things I could find around here. Would you rather I find some huge boulder and attach it to your back?"

"N-No thanks. I'm good with these." Aang stammered in nervousness. The mention of a boulder then made him draw comparisons to a nation separate from the Air Temples. "That actually sounds like a method earthbenders would use in their training. I think my friend, Bumi, did it once before."

Goku placed another piece back into the wall. "Bumi?"

"Yep. He's a kid who lives in this big Earth Kingdom city called Omashu. He can be... well, a little crazy sometimes, but when he comes up with an idea in that mad head of his, it's sure to be absolute genius. Hehe." Aang chuckled.

Taking a look at the still-broken wall, he mischievously grinned and rubbed his hands together. Mentioning Bumi all of a sudden proved to be more topical than expected.

"Speaking of ideas, I think I've just come up with a good one."

"And what idea is that, Aang?" Goku asked.

"Well, since Bumi's an earthbender and a pretty talented one at that, I was thinking that he could help fix this wall for us. All it would take is him bending the ground a bit and then boom, we're done! Problem solved!" He explained with a proud smile.

Goku placed a hand under his chin in thought.

"Hmm, I guess it doesn't sound bad, but how would we even get there? Won't those Council guys notice that we're gone?"

"Good point..." Aang muttered. In that moment, Monk Gyatso approached them from another part of the temple.

"Good morning, boys. How are the repairs going so far?" He kindly asked. His orange sleeves were pressed together directly below his chest.

Aang and Goku exchanged knowing looks with one another before nodding their heads in unison.

"They're going alright, but it is taking a lot longer than I expected..." The monk sighed. These rocks were making it difficult for him to concentrate too, even if they were, quote on quote, helping him get stronger.