The Aftermath

*Riku Pov*

*Flashback start*

I decide to walk around town and hear something in the alley. I walk towards it and see a few heartless surrounding this little kid who was probably around 10 years old. I summon my keyblade and fight them off while standing in front of the kid. After fighting off the last one I turn and look at the kid. "Hey buddy you okay?" He looked at me as if he were scared of me. I sit down and look at him. "I won't hurt you. But I can help you find your parents if you want." "Th..they are de-dead..." I sigh. "Whats your name buddy." "As-Asher. What's yo-your no-name?" I smile at Asher. "My name is Riku. Do you want to come back with me and meet my friends?" He walks over to me and hugs me. I pick him up and carry him back to the place. I look down and realize that he is asleep. I walk in and see everyone in the main room looking panicked. "What's wrong?" Emma looked up and smiled. "We thought something happened you have been gone for hours!" I tell her to be quiet for a second and she notices Asher in my hands.

*Flashback End*

Emma looked at me as if she knew I was thinking about that day. "Five years later, he was still part of our family. You should have seen Riku that day. He finally called us his parents. A little after that Terra and Aqua got married and had Avery." Asher cuts her off before she can continue. "We also got another person that came on this island five years ago. She wa-was killed today. Her name was Cassandra." Violet walks out because I know she is still upset about her brother dying. I then see Asher looking at her and I can tell he is also still upset about Cassandra. "I think I need some air, I will be right back." Asher gets up and leaves. "I'll go talk to him." Vanitas surprises us and goes out. Terra goes out after him. Xehanort walks over to Leon and they leave to go and talk. Aqua smiles as Avery walks over to the door running after Terra, Asher, and Vanitas. Eraqus walks over to me and Emma. "You both have done a good job looking after Asher. He seems like a really good kid. I just wish there was something we could do for him." "It's going to take a while for him to feel whole again, he really liked her, Im sure he will always at some point still love her.. But we will make sure nothing happens, besides we all have had our faults." Emma smiles at me because she knows just by saying that I am finally letting all the pain that I had built up from making that decision a while ago. I just hope Asher can get through this too. I then excuse myself so I can go and talk to Violet.

*Asher Pov*

I ran outside and sat on the beach. I sat and looked at the stars and smiled. Vanitas sat down behind me. "Hey kiddo. I know what you had to do. She would have had someone else kill her. I know the pain you are feeling. It's the same feeling that I got when I first killed someone. It wasn't my proudest moment. I felt disgusted and then when the person who raised me was still evil, he told me to get over it because I would have to do it again anyway." I look at him confused and then sigh. "I had to kill her and she wanted me to do it." Vanitas sighed. "I don't think that she is mad at you. Especially when she told you to do it. But this also doesn't make you a bad guy. This just makes you someone who had to do something that was a complicated thing for someone he loved. It's something I had to do, Terra had to do, Ventus, your mother, father, and just about everyone in this family you all have created. We all would do something for the ones that we love." Vanitas sighs again and looks at the stars. "I did a lot of bad stuff to the this family. I finally realised, thanks to Sora and Ventus, that I don't have to be just darkness." I smiled at Vanitas and then looked back and saw Terra. "Asher none of that was your fault. I felt that way after almost killing Emma when I was possessed. Like Vanitas said, we all have been put through this whole thing. Your father, he did what he did because of him thinking Sora was trying to be with her. We all have those times where we think we are doing the right thing, but we don't. I did what I did because I thought I was protecting my family. Cass only told you to do that because she wanted to protect us." I look down and sigh. "Why don't you come and see-" Terra gets cut off when Avery runs out and jumps on my back. "I missed you Asher. Where is Cass?!" Terra decides to answer for me. "Avery, Cass went away for a while, I don't know when or if she will be coming back. But we might be able to see her again soon." Avery looks down and then runs over to me and gives me a hug as if knowing I was upset. "Promise you won't leave me too Asher." I hug her tight and then we decided to go back inside after a few minutes. I am holding Avery cause she doesn't want to let go of me. My mom look over at me concerned. I nod letting her know I am okay. Xehanort and Eraqus look over at me also. "So you are the famous Asher we have been hearing about." I nod and smile. "And you both are the famous masters that I hear about. It's nice to meet you. I also just wanted to say, thank you to both of you, because if you all wouldn't have taken my mother in I don't know if I would have been part of this family like I am." They all look at me and smile. I look around and don't see Violet and my dad.