II. Neighbors

Chapter Two + Neighbors

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door

hoping to transform it into a door.

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door

"All done." Jon said.

"Thanks for helping me move in, you guys." I said.

"No problem, but be ready for me to walk in unannounced to use your pool." Jon said.

"Well, for doing most of the work, you're free to use it anytime you want." I said.

"Oh Gosh, now it's going to be hard to get him home." Renee said.

"Don't worry, babe, I'll always come back to you but after I'm done with my affair with this pool." Jon said, jumping into the pool with all his clothes on.

"Jon!" Renee exclaimed.

I laughed as Jon threw his wet clothes and shoes at Renee.

"Luckily, I have a dryer unit installed." I said.

"Thank God." She said as I led her to the laundry room near the kitchen.

"Nicole, you've really out done yourself with this place." Renee said.

"I know I just really wanted a home that was all me." I said.

"Well, this place is truly all you." Renee said.

I was done parking my car when a unknown car pulled into my driveway

"Damn, I should have closed my gate." I said to myself as I stood next to my car when the last person I expected ever to see stepped out of the car with no shirt.

Conor McGregor.

"Welcome to my side of town, love." Conor said.

"Your side of town?" I asked, as he handed me a basket.

"Yes, that's my house right over there. We're neighbors, love." He said, pointing to the house across from me.

"So you drove over here when you could have walked here." I said.

"I wanted to make an entrance and maybe show off a little bit." He said.

"The ego on you is alarming, but thank you for the basket." I said, walking away from him.

"Wait!" He called out.

"What?" I asked, turning around and looking at him with a bored expression on my face.

"If you ever want a good party, hit me up." He said, taking my phone and adding his number to my contacts then calling himself so that he had my number.

"Really?" I asked.

"I'm the life of party, baby!" He exclaimed, winking at me and getting back into his car and driving off.

"Maybe, I should have done my research on this neighborhood." I said to myself, walking into the house.

" I said to myself, walking into the house

"Seriously, Brie, it was so weird. He pulled in his green sports car without a shirt and handed me a basket and put his number in my phone and winked at me." I said into the phone.

"Sounds like your type, Nicole." Brie said.

"Brie!" I exclaimed.

"What? It's true, Conor sounds like Dolph and John put together." Brie said.

"His Irish accent is sexy though." I said.

"You have a thing for accents. I knew that's why you liked talking to Finn so much because of his accent." Brie said.

"That's not true, Brie. Finn is a great person to talk to." I said.

"Whatever, you say, Nicole." Brie said.

There was a knock on the door.

"Nicole, did you close the gate?" Brie asked.

"I don't remember, I'll call you back, Brie." I answered.

"Okay." She said, hanging up.

I put my phone down on the table and got up. I walked to the door and opened it.

"Hi, I'm Tahiry, your next door neighbor. I live in that house next door." Tahiry said.

"Oh hi, Tahiry. I'm Nicole, your new neighbor." I said.

"Well, I made pizza casserole as a welcome to the neighborhood offering." She said.

"Well then you might just be my new best friend." I said.

"You're funny." She said.

"Please come in and help me eat this." I said, moving out the way and letting her in.

"So I seen you've already met Conor." She said, looking at the basket on the table.

"Yes, I did and he sure has an ego." I said.

"Girl, He has more than an ego, he's definitely full of himself and you need to watch out cause it seems like he already has his eyes on you." She said.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"Well that bottle of wine sitting in that basket is expensive as hell and only one house in this neighborhood has it well besides you now is Conor, which means he's already interested." She answered.

"I just wanted a fresh start not to jump into the dating pool." I said.