Chapter 1: Northern star

University of Guna loomed before Sophie like a high fenced prison. Located on a highland overlooking a crystal clear blue sea 3 hours east of Neva, the mountaineous surrounding was appropriate because of the school's isolation.

Dressed in a dark blue Hudson Jean pant and a white tank top, her black denim jacket and black boot made her look like a heist dressed for an operation not for school.

She took a deep breath and reached for the car handle of her new red sports car given to her by her elder brother. As she exited from the car, she gazed ahead of her locking her eyes with the cold steel metal barring her from entering.

"Good morning Sir!", She greeted the big gate like a maniac. Yanking at the huge steel object, the big gate gave way to reveal a 3 storey building painted in a deep hue of green ' Why can't they hire a gateman?', she thought to herself as she walked to her class.

Sophie entered her class and sat down to listen to the grey haired old man who took it upon himself to drill them in history of relevant and irrelevant topics pertaining to theater arts. Retrieving her notebook, she smiled at the cute red-haired desk mate of hers who has been staring at her nonstop.

"Sophie, you are late again" . She whispered while making sure the professor doesn't spot her out.

"I know". Sophie whispered back while retrieving her pen. Turning her attention back to the lecture, the ongoing story caught her attention.

Ever since her admission into the school, this is her first time paying attention in a history class and concentrating seriously. Though the professor has always regaled them with interesting stories, she always struggled to concentrate on his anecdotes.

A moisture appeared at the corner of her eyes startling her. Shaking off the tears, she felt moved by the plight of the historian princess who was recorded as a loser in history.

Princess Sola was the only and beloved daughter of King Goloth. Due to the warring era, their country was serving another country as a sovereign leader. She was sent to the emperor of Lua dynasty as a tribute gift. Becoming an empress was due to her beauty and talent but she remained unloved by the emperor who never saw her as a woman. Later, she died of loneliness and disappointment for being abandoned.

Sophie felt an inexplicable pain in her chest, her brow creased, and her tears poured freely. ' What is this feeling? Why does it feel like I'm the one experiencing the pain?'.

The red haired girl looked surreptitiously at her desk mate and couldn't help but feel alarmed at the sudden change in expression of Sophie. 'Why is she acting up while a class is going on?' , she asked rhetorically to noone but wrote down something on her notebook, a reminder to ask her later.

At the Guna highway, long afterwards the closing of school, Sophie leaned on her car while gazing intently at the underlying water flowing beneath the bridge she's standing on. Reaching into her jacket to grab the lollipop in her pocket, she sighed deeply. Thinking back to what happened in class 8 hours, she became sad again.

"Princess Sola, I don't know who you are but I wish I can rewrite history!", She screamed before crushing the lollipop in her mouth. A sad gloom became visible on her face making her curse deeply under her breath.

"That bastard should be the one begging for your love, not you! I wish I can make him pay". She threw the lollipop stick down the bridge and hopped into her car.

Heaven seemed to hear her cry as the sky darkened. An eclipse occurred obscuring her vision. Putting on the headlight turned perilous as it suddenly broke down. "What the heck is going on?", She roared before jamming on her brake.

At the farthest end of the road, she saw a light, dim at first but became visible as it came closer. "Oh!... Thank goodness", she beamed as an idea cropped into her head. She hit the accelerator gas and zoomed off towards the incoming motorcycle with the notion to use it's light for vision, then wait for the next incoming vehicle till at least she reaches where she can find a mechanic.

Driving at a very high speed in order to cover up a large distance before the motorcycle passes by, she drove like the popular TV series baby driver with a high skill dexterity. Only that It wasn't a motorcycle but it was too late for regret.

"Holy cow!", She screamed as she tried to swerve to her right-hand side. The incoming SUV driver saw the red sports car too and tried to swerve but ended up colliding with it.

Coming out of the mangled body of what used to be her car, she dragged herself to check up on the driver of the SUV as there was no movement.

"Thank goodness! Everything is going to be OK", she told herself as she saw the lady's flaring nostril. The words barely left her mouth when she heard a loud screech behind her coursing through her body.

In mid air, as she was flying due to the impact of the hit, the obscured moon gradually cleared giving rise to a northern star. The words she said few minutes ago came rushing back to her. 'Princess Sola, I don't know who you are, but I wish I can rewrite your story'. The northern star blinked multiple times emitting an aura of light immediately the thought crossed her mind.

Splash!

She fell into the river, an agonizing pain coursing through her. Closing her eyes due to the cold water filling her lungs, she felt suffocated and reached out her hand with the attitude of someone trying to grab something but failed miserably.

Subconsciously, she felt people surrounding her and scooping her out of the water, but what's up with their attitude? What is this they are calling her? Her head was too fuzzy to process it, hence she gave up the struggle.