PAUL MARKOV

SPOILERS AHEAD

BOOK: A THOUSAND PIECES OF YOU, TEN THOUSAND SKIES ABOVE YOU, A MILLION WORLDS WITH YOU
BY: CLAUDIA GRAY

Okay, honestly? I fell in love with Lieutenant Markov first before the actual Paul. The way he treated 'Duchess' Marguerite Caine? Holeh shez. He treated her the way every woman wanted to be treated. He didn't treat her because she was a 'Your Highness', But it was because of his feelings for her. For him, it wasn't an order to take care of her, but a duty and a promise as well. The way he spoke, the words he addressed right out of his mouth — it made me highlight the book as well. I felt the emotions, and when he died, I felt so drained.

There were multiple versions of Paul, yet I fell for each one of them. Even the Mafia Paul. And the version of Paul where Marguerite was either deaf or mute (forgot already, peace). I fell for Theo Beck too, but not as hard as I fell for Paul. He was Marguerite's love, and all his doings were doings one wouldn't do unless they truly love and care for a certain somebody.

To conclude, I fell hard for the guy. If you read the Firebird Trilogy (recommended for those who are into sci fi), you will fall in love with Paul Markov.