FINN WESTBROOK

SPOILERS AHEAD

BOOK: THE LAST BEST KISS
BY: CLAIRE LAZEBNIK

WHOAAAA! This book may be a little cliche for some people but I love the way Anna and Finn tried to forget their past and move on. I love how Finn showed that despite his improvements on his physical appearance, he still appeared to be the same nerdy boy Anna had fallen for back then. He was still the same, yet he remained distant with Anna, for he knew that he couldn't just go back liking the monster that rejected him at prom in front of a lot of people and who wanted their 'relationship' to be in secret.

I love how Finn tried to hide his feelings for Anna and then got into a relationship with Lily - yet there were little details in the story that showed that Finn still cared about Anna deep inside. I remembered the part when Anna got scared of this dog and screamed and then Finn went running as soon as he heard her scream. It really made me flash a warm smile, because it really showed that despite his hatred for her, a part of him still loved her. In the end, when Finn tells her how he felt, I smiled so big — because I remember him saying that he thought Anna would look like this ugly monster once he'd see her again, but instead looked as beautiful as ever that it was even difficult for him to sustain his emotions at first glance.

The ending saddened me, because it was kind of a deja vu feeling. Finn showing Anna a picture -
a habit of theirs back then. Whenever he did that, Anna would always be interested. And in the ending, it proved that she still was.