IX

Two months have gone by since I last was alone with Ross.
Christmas break is now upon us.
I slowly am starting to feel better about my assault. I'm thankful I haven't seen Dixon since that god awful night in New York City.
"Claire! Look what came in the mail!" Todd rushes over to me while I sit at the kitchen counter in my pajamas eating cereal. Todd and I have been bonding a lot recently.
He slaps the envelope on the table, it reads:

RIDER UNIVERSITY
Mr. Todd Eubanks
"It isn't!" I exclaim.
"It is!"
He tears it open in reads it aloud, "Dear Todd, after carefully reviewing your application Rider University is very happy to write that you have been admitted into Rider University class of 2023!"
"Oh my god, Todd!" I shout and hug him and he hugs me back. We jump up and down from excitement.
"I'm going to college!"
"You're going to college!" I say.
After the early morning excitement I decide to go for a run. There isn't much snow on the ground and I could use some fresh air.
I turn the corner and ram into the person walking the opposite way.
"Sorry-" I start to say as I come to realize I am standing in front of my ex boyfriend.
"Claire, hi," he breathes.
"Hi," I say back deciding not to be my usual cold self.
"How are you?"
I've been better.
"I'm fine, you?"
"Fine," he smiles faintly. He's wearing a white turtleneck but I can still see all of his tattoos underneath.
His sleepy eyes rest on looking at mine.
"Home for break?" I ask.
"Yeah, just got back Thursday," my mind goes to us last Christmas break.
My dad was out of town for a week with Lilith and Todd hadn't moved in yet. We had the whole house to ourselves.
For an entire week, we would make hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies in the morning. In the afternoon we would go on walks on our secret passageways and then take a nap together. We would have dance parties while we made dinner in my kitchen. And then we would be up all night drinking wine and making love. It was perfect. We were perfect.
We would lie in bed naked and talk about our future together as I traced the tattoos on his stomach.
"Would you ever want to get dinner sometime this week?" I find myself asking him. He looks just as shocked as I am.
"Yeah, I'd love to. You can come over and I'll cook Italian," he knows Italian is my favorite.
"Ok, what night?"
"Tonight?" He suggests.
"Ok, I'll be over at 7," I say to him and continue running.
Nothing's going to happen, I just miss him. I miss him more than I thought I would five months from our last kiss.
I knock on his door promptly at seven.
"Hi," I breathe and he repeats my greeting.
I walk in to the familiar home and smell the familiar scent of Ian Griswold Italian.
After dinner we sit on the couch talking about our relationship while we finish our fourth bottle of wine.
"No my favorite thing you did to me was, the thing you did in the car on our way back from Coney Island last June," I admit.
"What really? That can't be your favorite," he laughs.
"It was," I start to get all hot and bothered just thinking of it.
"And your favorite?" I ask him.
"It happened right here on this couch. We slipped away from our friends after the Cold War Kids concert. It was only our third or fourth but you looked so beautiful," he admits.
I know exactly what he's talking about.
I set my wine glass on the coffee table and lean over. Our lips are a mere one inch apart.
"Hi," I giggle.
He closes the gap between our lips with a sharp intake of breath. The fire ignites as if no time has past at all.
His hands roam around my back and over the scar from the last time I was kissed. His tongue tastes the same way it did five months ago, like candy. I tug on the bleach blonde ends of his hair and he moans into my mouth. His hands travel up my shirt and they work their way underneath my bra where he touches my hard nipples. I feel the tension work up inside my lower belly as he plays with them.
"Fuck I'm so hard for you. I've missed you so much," he says into my mouth. My hands cup him over his jeans. I feel his growing manhood throb in my hands and I take of my shirt and tug at the zipper of his pants.
He takes off his shirt and slides my leggings down. He grabs my ass and I push his chest signaling him to lay down.
I can't control myself.
I straddle him and lean down to kiss him as his hand reaches underneath my underwear.
"Fuck baby you're so wet for me," he moans as I pant heavily.
I kiss him hard and then take my underwear off, he does the same.
"I want you inside of me," I say and Ian nods quickly and pulls a condom out of his back pocket. I put it on him and position myself on top of him, just like the time after the Cold War Kids concert.
I lower myself down onto him and throw my head back in pleasure.
"Fuck," I pant and start to bounce up and down as Ian watches me.
He flicks my nipple with his thumb before playing with them again and I go faster.
I lean down and kiss him, he looks me right into my eyes so endearingly. He's been longing for this I know, but this look is different.
"Baby I'm going to come," he says after I kiss him again.
I go fast until I feel his tension release. He sits up so we are equal and keeps pumping until my release. He puts my nipple in his mouth and he kisses me again before I fall on top of him.
I lay on top of him in silence running my thumb over his lips while he draws circles on my back.
"Stay with me," his honey voice speaks and it glazes over my still body.
"I can't. Tomorrow's Christmas," I say. I do want to stay. I really do.
"I'm a Jew," he says and I laugh, lifting up my head to look at his face.
"I know, but I'm not," I say and run my finger over the small face tattoo he got the last week we were together.
We get dressed slowly and he walks me too the door, our fingers play with each other while our hands are intertwined.
"Can you come over tomorrow?"
"I'll try," I say and kiss him softly before letting go and making my way back home.