Escape

"We can't keep hiding. We have two exits and we have to get out," John explained.
     "Get out!? You want us to just walk past something that literally just ripped your aunt in half!? There has to be another way out!" Jake yelled silently.
     "Well suck it up! We only have two exits and we have to use one of them."
     Jake's eyes were full of rage in fear. The creature was lurking around the bedroom listening to them talk. The friends kept arguing until the door shook. It shook two times until the door smashed off the hinges. The monster bursted in and leaped at Madison. Jake quickly grabbed her and rushed toward the door. The thing hit the hall and fell to the floor. The friends ran to the front door only to see it auto shut and locked. They ran through the kitchen grabbing knives and ran towards the glass door. The creature sprinted at them and swung its spiked tail in their direction. The tail hit Jake across the chest leaving two lacerations. He screamed in pain but kept running toward the door. The creature gained and Madison stopped. The others looked in her direction and saw her throw the knives at the beast. One hit its leg as it leaped at Madison. She dodged it and slide a knife down its side. Green blood spewed on the wall as the creature slammed to the ground. Madison then stabbed it in the eye with a chefs knife. It was dead. John was in shock as the now wolf sized creature laid on the floor. He observed closely and saw Optimal Labs logo branded on it. It wasn't a freak of nature, someone made it.
      "We need to go here," John said as he pointed to the logo.
      "No. I'm not going to a place where more could be," Madison said firmly.
     "Well we can't let more people die." John looked over at his deceased aunt,"please, we need to figure this out."
     "Fine, but I'm not killing any more of these things."
     Optimal Labs was about a mile from their house and none of them could drive. The quickest way there was through the forest. They entered the backyard and saw the ominous trees in the sky. John walked forward and he others followed. They observed the same scratch marks on trees that they saw on the steps and knew they were going in the right direction.
     They walked for what seemed like hours until they came across the dark and abandoned Optimal Labs. The lab was open two days ago, but it was dark, something that rarely happened at night. The friends walked slowly towards the building following the scratched trees.