Love

Clouds had come, clouds had went. The sun had been shining, then it had not. Birds had been chirping, then they'd been sleeping. It was dark and the only thing that gave some kind of light, was the moon ~

Others would have been spooked by the scene. Freddy, however, was not. He adored the darkness, liked how all shapes and colored seemed to be blending together. He enjoyed the silence and listened as the water was softly hitting the shore. He liked how the moon glimmered in the lake, how the cold air felt on his burnt skin. Yet, there was nothing he adored more than the mysterious, silent figure standing by the lake, the few tatters hanging from his clothes dancing in the wind. Freddy sighed at the sight.

Jason had completely different thoughts as he turned his machete in his hand, his eyes hidden in the shadows underneath his mask. The machete gleamed in the light of the moon and Jason could barely see his reflection on the blade as he lifted the weapon to his face. He gazed at the blade one last time, gripping the weapon tight before eventually letting go. He watched as the lake took it, devoured it. He couldn't see it sinking due to the little light, but he knew it was. It would land on the ground of the sea, get burried in the sand. Fish would swim by it, he knew.

Now, the weapon was gone. Jason's hands, however, did not stay empty for long. It only took a moment till he could feel something soft snaking it's way down his arm to rest on his hand. Knowing that he was there-that he shared this moment with him-comforted him. Soon Jason turned to gaze at the other. Freddy gazed back in return, smiling. He knew that under the old mask, the other was smiling too.

Now, Jason slowly leaned forward and Freddy carefully lifted the man's mask to bring their lips together in a kiss, both of the men surrendering to the passion of it.

"I love you", Freddy whispered as he retreated to look at Jason. The taller killer formed a heart with his hands in return, which earned him a chuckle from the burnt man.

Therafter, Freddy held out his glove, showing it to Jason one last time. He kept his eyes focused on the other man as they were glimmering in the moonlight, holding his weapon over the lake like Jason had done with his just moments ago.

Somewhere, Freddy might have heard the phrase he remembered now.

One of the hardest lessons in life is letting go. Whether it's guilt, anger, love, loss or betrayal. Change is never easy. We fight to hold on and we fight to let go.

But Freddy didn't fight, he just let go.

Now, the burnt man no longer wondered what this warm feeling meant as it pulsated through his body. He knew what it expressed. He knew what it had caused in him, how it had changed him. He knew how it had opened up his heart, not only for Jason, but for himself too. He felt cleansed of his sins as his hand rested on the others cheek and he looked into those beautiful eyes that shone bright like stars in the cool night.

He didn't ask himself what this feeling meant anymore, because he knew what it was: It was love and love is just the most beautiful thing in the world.

~~~~~ THE END ~~~~~